I'll be gone for a week - have fun TCSing everyone!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm about to finish packing and going to bed early tonight. I'm leaving tomorrow for a family get together in Chicago area this weekend, a quick visit with the in-laws, then off to a convention early next week. I'll be back next Thursday night. An entire week without my fur kids!!

The cats watched me pull out the suitcase tonight and they are already beginning to wig out. Someone hopped up on the dryer and peed on the clean laundry basket (I had to rewash the clothes I was to take with me). Last time I left someone pooped in the basement in the corner (it stopped the minute I got home). I didn't think it possible, but I've got cats with separation anxiety!! DH has been instructed to scoop daily (he hates cleaning litter pans), give them lots of treats, play with Da Bird with them, and snuggle with as many as he can.

So doubtful that I'll be able to get on TCS while I'm away. Everyone have a good week!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have fun on your trip! And look at it this way, if someone poops in the basement while your gone, you don't have to clean it up cuz you aren't here!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

The cats watched me pull out the suitcase tonight and they are already beginning to wig out.
Yesterday I was doing just a little belated spring cleaning and moved some suitcases from one closet to another. I'm not sure what wig out means but I can tell you my cats were screaming their heads off. When I used to have dogs, they would do that but I did not know cats were the same way. Anyway, they finally settled down a little later when they saw no packing going on.
Have a nice trip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yesterday I was doing just a little belated spring cleaning and moved some suitcases from one closet to another. I'm not sure what wig out means but I can tell you my cats were screaming their heads off. When I used to have dogs, they would do that but I did not know cats were the same way. Anyway, they finally settled down a little later when they saw no packing going on.
Have a nice trip!
Wig out: exactly what your cats were doing.

Hey all! I'm not exactly back home but finally got logged onto the internet from the hotel (at $10 per night so this is the only time you will hear from me).

I'm talking to my DH every night. It took 3 days for the dogs to calm down after I left. The cats are mostly keeping to themselves and no one has pooped in the basement but one of them peed on the counter. Not too bad considering I've been gone 5 days now. If they aren't too mad at me when I get home late tomorrow night, I see a big old cat pile in my future.

I got a little bit of cat fix in while I've been gone. Got to visit my niece and her 15 year old cat, and visited my nephew with his 4 month old kitten. My family thinks that I'm weird when I head-bonk their cats, but the cats like it!

I'm missing my gang a lot and can't wait to see them - 24 hours to go!!