Need ideas on what to get Colin for his birthday! HELP!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I need everyone's help/suggestions please!
Colin and I have a birthday comming up on July 29. (yup same birthday! different years!
) I am trying to plan/budget ahead a little bit to decide on what to get him for his birthday. I asked him a few days ago what he wanted and he said he didn't want anything (yea right though
)

Here's a list of what he would NOT want/need that i know of:

cologne
razor
clothes
hat
computer stuff (he has all he needs)
computer games (he has everything he wants)
bbq stuff (did that last year)
tools (he has more than he knows what to do with)
remotes/etc - he has all that stuff
robe/slippers
magazine subscriptions
books (he's not a reader)
cell phone
tv
furniture
car stuff

ok so what does that leave me with
what CAN i get him that he'd like?? he's not a girly man- he's very no frills, manly man type guy. he's a mr. fix it, very tidy, type person. i was thinking of making saving up to go on a little weekend trip somewhere but i have NO idea how much that would cost/where to stay/go nothing.....i need suggestions!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you've got five weeks, why don't you start looking at places, and put aside some money each week if you can. Then when the time comes you've got money to spend on accomadation/food/etc. Tristan and i went down to the beach for our anniversary and it only cost $200 for both of us for a week as a special. A little caravan park which isnt a tourist attraction so its quiet, it also has little self contained cabins which is what we stayed in. We did that for my bday/valentines as well but up in the bush and it was a more posh place. You should do something like that. We had new towns to explore and attractions to see

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well you've got five weeks, why don't you start looking at places, and put aside some money each week if you can. Then when the time comes you've got money to spend on accomadation/food/etc. Tristan and i went down to the beach for our anniversary and it only cost $200 for both of us for a week as a special. A little caravan park which isnt a tourist attraction so its quiet, it also has little self contained cabins which is what we stayed in. We did that for my bday/valentines as well but up in the bush and it was a more posh place. You should do something like that. We had new towns to explore and attractions to see
that sounds like a great idea!!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I know! I know!!!

Put a ribbon around Norris's Neck and a Bow on his head and present Colin with his gift

Norris would make the perfect gift!!!!
Awww now i like that idea too
And i have to say i've thought of that one before

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

does he like video/computer games? last year for mike's birthday i bought him 2 computer games he wanted (they were on sale for 1/2 price). he then spent the weekend gaming to his heart's content.
he already has all the computer/video games he could possibly want (he said he didn't want any more of those when i asked him) so that leaves me drawing a blank

Originally Posted by white cat lover

NORRIS!!!
Awww Natalie i wish i could do that
But he's already said he didn't want to keep him right now so i don't want to "give" him a pet that he's not wanting to make a long term committment to ya know. That's gotta be a joint decision. BUT maybe between now and then

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the idea of a "mini vacation" of some sort. Or perhaps, rather than spending too much money, you could make him a fancy dinner at home & have a night in? Have some rented movies to watch, chocolate(it's a must!
), & a nice supper would be wonderful.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I like the idea of a "mini vacation" of some sort. Or perhaps, rather than spending too much money, you could make him a fancy dinner at home & have a night in? Have some rented movies to watch, chocolate(it's a must!
), & a nice supper would be wonderful.
i'm definitely going to make dinner the night before- something really yummy! i'm not sure what yet
. but i always love to go out on my birthday (we have the same birthday
)- and i think he likes that too so i was wanting to plan something the both of us will like. maybe a nice inexpensive trip and dinner out in a little town. I was thinking it'd be fun to maybe go to a little town only a few hrs away and stay a night or two at a B&B maybe that's inexpensive and just explore a new town for a day? Does that sound like something a guy would like to do? I have no idea!! I'm sooo bad at stuff like this

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i'm definitely going to make dinner the night before- something really yummy! i'm not sure what yet
. but i always love to go out on my birthday (we have the same birthday
)- and i think he likes that too so i was wanting to plan something the both of us will like. maybe a nice inexpensive trip and dinner out in a little town. I was thinking it'd be fun to maybe go to a little town only a few hrs away and stay a night or two at a B&B maybe that's inexpensive and just explore a new town for a day? Does that sound like something a guy would like to do? I have no idea!! I'm sooo bad at stuff like this
Most guys would say "if it makes you happy, it makes me happy."
You got me on the gift idea. I think a get-a-way is a great idea.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Most guys would say "if it makes you happy, it makes me happy."
You got me on the gift idea. I think a get-a-way is a great idea.
Thankyou
The way i was figuring it- i never seem to know what to get him- but what better way to spend our birthday together than to be with each other and go somewhere exciting? Besides- we'll always remember a sweet little get away....but not always remember a little gift ya know.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does he like music? How about concert tickets?

A fantastic Sunday Brunch.

Massages.

Or...tickets to a sporting event?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

But he's already said he didn't want to keep him right now so i don't want to "give" him a pet that he's not wanting to make a long term committment to ya know.

Yes he does yes he does!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

Does he like music? How about concert tickets?

A fantastic Sunday Brunch.

Massages.

Or...tickets to a sporting event?
He hates concerts (i was the MUID major
) he hates sports for the most part, and there's no way i could ever get him to go to get a masssage
See what i mean- he's soooo hard to do stuff for
Thankyou for the suggestions though!

Yes he does yes he does!
i'd love that but we'll just have to wait and see.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

i'd love that but we'll just have to wait and see.
Look at those puppy dog eyes! They are so full of love for you. You nursed him back to health and i don't think you could give him up that easily

*pokes Colin*

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm, ok, you could tell him to invite his gf over for dinner>? (ok ok just kidding dont throw stuff at me)

how about, something romantic kinda, you know, fix up dinner, get all dressed up in something sexy, the candles and everything, Meet him at the door,
and tell him you been bad and he should do a body search?

or, just get dressed up and go out alone to some place nice, for dinner you pay ,,
something like

and there is no good games out right now that i would say get him

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Look at those puppy dog eyes! They are so full of love for you. You nursed him back to health and i don't think you could give him up that easily

*pokes Colin*
i should let you talk Colin into keeping him

Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm, ok, you could tell him to invite his gf over for dinner>? (ok ok just kidding dont throw stuff at me)

how about, something romantic kinda, you know, fix up dinner, get all dressed up in something sexy, the candles and everything, Meet him at the door,
and tell him you been bad and he should do a body search?

or, just get dressed up and go out alone to some place nice, for dinner you pay ,,
something like

and there is no good games out right now that i would say get him
Uhhh Bruce, what ever will i do with you
aside from that - no way i'm cooking on my birthday
the day before- sure, but not on my birthday
that and he doesn't seem to appreciate candles/romantic stuff
I was thinking maybe we could go somewhere nice for dinner and then somewhere else and i pay for one and him another
I'd like to go to another city for just 2 days or so and hang out there with him- i think he'd like that

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Why don't you get him a Dyson vacuum?

Going along with the trip idea, how about some camping equipment and the two of you could go camping.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! If i get him a vaccume cleaner he HAS to vaccume my floors
I like the way you think

(having no toilet/running water/warm bed on my birthday would NOT make me a happy camper! i'd be miserable- keep in mind we both have the same birthday so it needs to be something we both would like to do) i wouldn't mind going camping another time when it's cooler- but July in Memphis is BRUTAL for heat and humidity- we'd both be miserable and try to choke each other
BUT i wouldn't mind trying to find a nice cabin in the woods though- now that could work lovely!!!!