For the most part, J is very considerate and attentive, and I'm very much in love with him. However, if the following pet peeves were to disappear entirely, he would be the perfect man:
1) When he washes the dishes (which I probably shouldn't even complain about, because he does
wash the dishes ...), he leaves grime encrusted on whatever he's washing. It's not that he's doing it deliberately in the hopes that I'll take over all dish-washing duties (he does the dishes more frequently than I do and never complains about it); he just doesn't notice the food still stuck to whatever he's washing -- it's like it doesn't exist for him. This inattention to detail is why I'm the one who cleans the apartment, because I'd rather just to do it myself than re-do everything he's done. And when he's done washing the dishes, he dumps the wet dishcloth in the bottom of the sink, where it doesn't dry and starts to smell.
2) He occasionally works overtime, which drives me nuts because it means getting up at 4:30 am instead of 5:30 am (which, let's face it, is more than early enough!). That wouldn't bother me so much if he would be willing to go to bed earlier the night before to compensate for the missing sleep, but he's not. I can't fall asleep without him (unless I know he won't be there at all), so if he's staying up, so am I. It doesn't matter how often I mention this, nor does it seem to matter that I am one of those people who cannot function on less than eight full hours of sleep. I'd make him sleep on the couch if I thought it would make any difference.
3) He doesn't like change. It took me two years to convince him we needed to move out of our last home, which we shared with another couple; I can't even begin to fathom how long it's going to take before I can convince him we need to buy our own home.
4) It's been said before: whiskers in the sink. I'd shave my legs and leave that
mess in the sink for him to find, but he probably wouldn't even notice. And if he did notice it, he wouldn't care. *sigh*
5) His weight loss. Okay, I'm very, very
proud of how successful he's been on Weight Watchers: he's lost 95 lbs since the middle of October 2006, and that really is an accomplishment. But, okay, he's done now, he's at goal weight. He can stop losing now, please. And I'd
like to catch up!