So what's on tap for Father's Day weekend?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing anything special for the fathers in your life?

We are going to my sister's place for a BBQ on Saturday and then having John's dad over on Sunday (and maybe John's sister if she is in town). I went out at lunch to buy card (pressies already done) and ended up having to buy 6 cards.

1 for DH from me
1 to him from the kids
1 to my dad from me and DH
1 to my dad from the kids
1 to John's dad from us
1 to John's dad from the kids.

Almost picked John one up from the cats - they actually had one from the cats at the store, but since he said he didn't even want any cards this year I figured 2 was enough.

What will you be doing?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
We had our father's day dinner last weekend, so that's done. I spent a whole day being chased around and beaten up by two 3 year olds.

This weekend I have a graduation cocktail to attend. Free food and wine. I don't know how many students and profs will be there (probably very few), but it should be great nonetheless. Students and free alcohol usually makes for an interesting mix.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea what we're doing! Probably Mom will BBQ. Guess I should ask! But with my step-Dad's new work schedule it might be a late one. Dad lives out of state. Better check to see if I did mail his card already!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't celebrate father's day other than to call my brothers and tell them what great dads they are.

I was going to go to a powwow here but may not be able to depending on how Daphne's spay goes.
Otherwise, cleaning house and laundry .... woohooo!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Mom and Dad are coming early tomorrow afternoon. We are going to pick up a few plants ofr Mom using my wholesaler's discount!! Then to spread the bark mulch if its not too hot. Saturday going for sure to a my Hosta Society's garden walk-maybe swimming?? Grilling out supper over firepit. Sunday give dad my present I put together late this winter a photo album/scrapbook when he was in the Aire Force in the 50's. Haven't got farther than that though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I'm giving my dad my old car
Ummmm, aren't the brakes not working?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Ummmm, aren't the brakes not working?
That'd be quite the Fathers Day present!

I wont be home to see my dad for Fathers Day- (I live 2 hrs away), & so I'll be home next weekend to celebrate with him & my family!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im going to try and enjoy a week without Ari. She's been staying with her Dad and his family all week! She wont come home till Monday and its driving me crazy! Shes to little to be away from her mommy.
But thats what the court decided.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my own dad - you couldn't pay me enough to do something for him.

...sorry, impulse reaction when I hear the dad word...

for my FIL - I don't know yet. I'm sure my MIL is planning something... and I would even bet that she told DH what it was... but DH always forgets to tell me the plans. It's like he assumes I know because he told me by telepathy or something
And then an hour before we're supposed to be somewhere he says, "aren't you ready to go yet?" Wait.. whaaa?

But it's a crazy weekend since it's also DH's birthday... and DH and my sister share a birthday... wacky eh? So I see a lot of phone calls and presents in my future. Luckily I already bought DH his present months ago (new radio for his car with an Ipod adapter... his radio has been broken for ages) so even though I'm jobless (
) I should still be able to come up with something for my FIL and my sister