Norris got his stitches out!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the little buggar couldn't be happier
Bless his heart- he finally got those stitches out today! All 40 of the external ones
He's sooo happy!!! I took him to the pet store after we left the vets office and let him pick out a treat
(he's not spoiled at all
) When we came back home i let him hang out with Fosters and Whiskey- that's the first time they've all 3 been able to run around together and play with each other (i kept norris seperate from them when they were out before so they'd not hurt him playing). They all love each other and had a blast running around the house playing! I took all 3 of them outside for a bit and brushed them all and played fetch with them- it's soooo nice to see how well they all get along! And little Norris just think's he's a greyhound now and tries to run EVERYWHERE
It's soo cute!
He's also happy about the fact that he doesn't have to wear his E-collar anymore
He hated that thing

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news! So he's healed up well then? Good as new I bet, I don't expect he even realises that he's down to 3 legs
Sounds as if he really enjoys the company of your other dogs too. Bless his little heart

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for Norris!! He sounds like such a sweetie and I'm so glad he's doing well. Do you have any new pictures of him?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yippee! I am so glad he is doing so well. Obviously the quality of care you are giving him is making a huge difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Great news! So he's healed up well then? Good as new I bet, I don't expect he even realises that he's down to 3 legs
Sounds as if he really enjoys the company of your other dogs too. Bless his little heart
He's healed up very well! There's still a tiny pinch of swelling -but it should be reabsorbed so it's all good!
The vet said he's free to do whatever he wants now and that i can also bathe him
(he needs a bath- he hasn't had one since he took that 3 story fall) He is definitely loving the company of the other pups- they all get along soo nicely and are just the best of friends
I really hope Colin lets me adopt him

Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm so happy for Norris!! He sounds like such a sweetie and I'm so glad he's doing well. Do you have any new pictures of him?
Aww thankyou- he's definitely a sweetie pie!
I don't have any new pictures of him as I don't have a camera on me (i borrow my moms off and on) I will see if i can borrow my mom's sometimes soon so i can snap some new pictures

Originally Posted by adymarie

Yippee! I am so glad he is doing so well. Obviously the quality of care you are giving him is making a huge difference.
Thankyou
I've done my best to try and take good care of him- he was my first experience with fostering an animal with an amputation- so i learned a lot from him as well

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forsee your place being trashed by a trio of doggies!
It must be spectacular to see him move! Does he have problems with stairs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Thank you for taking such great care of him! I am glad to hear he is doing so well!
I glad too- he's doing soo well!

Originally Posted by LaRussa

I'm so happy to her how well Norris is getting along, bless his heart.
Thankyou! It makes me extremly happy to see how well he's adjusted and acclimating

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I forsee your place being trashed by a trio of doggies!
It must be spectacular to see him move! Does he have problems with stairs?
It's getting that way right now
All 3 of them are in the kitchen eating and getting crumbs everywhere
Thank goodness for that dustbuster
Fosters is being SOOOOOOOO sweet to Norris too! It's adorable- he's been taking all of his stuffies and laying them down in front of Norris to share with him
Whiskey is a little scared of Norris as Norris is a bit bigger than him- but they all seem to be doing excellent with a little reassurance
Our home is a single story, so i'm not sure how he'd do with stairs, but he does seem to hop in and out of my car without any problems and he goes up and down the step into the house from the backyard ok so i think he could do ok with a little practice. He just has to learn to slow down- he gets sooooo excited and forgets he doesn't have that other leg sometimes and trips...so we have to remind him to slow down.