I can't believe what I saw!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a few starys that have been hanging around lately (getting into the garbage). They are not friendly at all. Well one of them was across the street I was watching him/her chasing something and relised it was a squirl! It caught it and took off with it in its mouth! I could see if it was a baby but it looked like a full grown squirl. Thats got to be one tough cat. I was torn thinking well the cat has to eat but i felt sorry for the squirl. I even tried chasing the cat off but it ended up running off with it in his mouth.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is 1 kitty I'd give a wide berth to if I were you! Wow - poor squirrel!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I knew it wasnt at all tame now I know id never want to tangle with it.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alley brought me a chipmunk once

Of course she brought it inside, through the catflap, and placed it on the rug in front of my bed, where she always put her kills. Yuck.

Which I suppose is better than the 1st one she brought in, that was still alive... trust me, its not easy to catch a chipmunk and get it back out. It took 4 of us almost an hour and a lot of inventive thinking, lol.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

There is a few starys that have been hanging around lately (getting into the garbage). They are not friendly at all. Well one of them was across the street I was watching him/her chasing something and relised it was a squirl! It caught it and took off with it in its mouth! I could see if it was a baby but it looked like a full grown squirl. Thats got to be one tough cat. I was torn thinking well the cat has to eat but i felt sorry for the squirl. I even tried chasing the cat off but it ended up running off with it in his mouth.
Wow! How big was that cat, anyway?! When we are watching nature shows that show big cats in the wild chasing down their prey, DW always leaves the room. I remind her that this is the way nature works, but she retorts that she doesn't have to see it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwww, the poor little squirrel. I always feel bad for them when cats get them.

Not sure I would be able to look at Trout the same way if she killed a furry creature

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
average size cat. But not at all friendly. I wish it would stay out of the garage. I have thought about calling animal control but I dont have the heart. (They would prob put it down) I am a little afraid of having it hanging around with the kids ect. But it stays clear away from people so dont think I have to worry much. I couldnt imagine tangling with a squirl they can be pretty fistey themselves.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Wow! How big was that cat, anyway?! When we are watching nature shows that show big cats in the wild chasing down their prey, DW always leaves the room. I remind her that this is the way nature works, but she retorts that she doesn't have to see it.
I have to agree, I watch Animal Planet but when they start showing animals chasing their prey and catching them, I just have to turn the channel off immediately. Yeah I know that's how the wildlife is but I just cannot watch it, I'm a wuss.