I thought something was wrong with my baby!!!!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Around last night at like 11 pm I started spotting, and then shortly after I had one clot which made me bug out and get really nervous. I got my boyfriend up and asked him what we should do and he was dressed and ready to walk out the door before I finished the sentence. Let me saw that it is 9 am now and I been up since 8 and got home at 430 am!!! I am very tired. But anyway. The baby is ok thank god!!!! My boyfriend and I saw him on the ultrasound machine and the guy even let us see his little heartbeat. It was so sweet that my boyfriend and I started to cry we are just greatful that the baby is ok!! Now when I left the hospital at 4 am this morning they gave me the results to everything and when I woke up this morning this is what I found:

Findings:
Single live intrauterine pregnancy. Approximate age by crown rump length is 12 weeks 6 days. Fetal heart rate measures 133 beats per minute. The tip of the placenta is overlying the cervical os.
There is a hypoechoic structure adjacent to the left adnexa and ovary measuring 2cm, possibly an adnexal or ovarian cyst. The ovaries are normal size. There is flow present in both ovaries on Doppler interrogation.
No free fluid.

I basically understand everything but the stuff that is in green, does any body else know what it means? I am going to look it up online right now but I gotta call my obgyn first and make an apt, and see if I can come in today. I am very thankful and greatful that the baby is fine but the tipped placenta and cyst should I be worried?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww honey that must have scared you something rotten

I cant comment as I've never had babies, so its all a bit strange to me

Just sending my best wishes that all is well and things are going to be fine for you and your baby

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I can't answer your question either, but I'm glad that everything is okay. My best friend is 2 1/2 months pregnant and a couple weeks ago she had a scare just like that.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar problem while preggers with Kevin - heavy bleeding and clotting for the 1st 16 weeks. Probably just a begign cyst. It will be ok! Try to get some rest and take it easy for a few days. (I was put on bed rest for a week during the worst part of the bleeding and clotting).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am home now! and I have great news!!! The baby is perfectly healthy!!!!
the tipped placenta the doctor said is fine for the fact that I am only almost 13 weeks, he says that as I get futher along in my pregnancy the placenta should move, if it doesnt then we have a slight problem, but the doctor also said that this is normal. The cyst that is on my ovary is also something very normal. He said the name but I forget it hard to say but its a cyst that a lot of pregnat people get while pregnant and its nothing major to worry about. My boyfriend and I also heard the babys heart beat
the doctor said that the baby is a very healthy one!!!!!
He said that he wants me to be on bedrest for the rest of the week and my boyfriend is also very supportive he was with me all night and all morning. We both cried together and when we heard everything was ok we laughed and cried with tears of joy!! We were so worried that something bad was going to happen, and I am so happy that everything is ok. But I am very tired, we both only got 3 and a half hours of sleep
so I am going to take a nap, thanks for all caring and being here!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

I am home now! and I have great news!!! The baby is perfectly healthy!!!!
the tipped placenta the doctor said is fine for the fact that I am only almost 13 weeks, he says that as I get futher along in my pregnancy the placenta should move, if it doesnt then we have a slight problem, but the doctor also said that this is normal. The cyst that is on my ovary is also something very normal. He said the name but I forget it hard to say but its a cyst that a lot of pregnat people get while pregnant and its nothing major to worry about. My boyfriend and I also heard the babys heart beat
the doctor said that the baby is a very healthy one!!!!!
He said that he wants me to be on bedrest for the rest of the week and my boyfriend is also very supportive he was with me all night and all morning. We both cried together and when we heard everything was ok we laughed and cried with tears of joy!! We were so worried that something bad was going to happen, and I am so happy that everything is ok. But I am very tired, we both only got 3 and a half hours of sleep
so I am going to take a nap, thanks for all caring and being here!!
Great news!! I am so glad your baby is fine!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad everything is fine. It sounded exactly like the problem I had!