I cant get into my basement........

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this was on guard at the door........
its about 3inch across
and its still there at the edge of the door now......

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'll move this to cats and other animals Ann, because i don't think you'd want that in pet pics
Hey, it could be a pet!

He's kinda BIG, Ann. I'd be after something to swat him with.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg im terrified of spiders, If I saw that in my driveway i'd cry and run away screaming, what type of spider is it?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, that is one big gaurd spider for sure!! I hate spiders too. Can you find something with a long handle on it to kill it with??

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG if I saw that I would poop in my pants! I thought we had some big spiders but that thing is huge!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Yikes, that is one big gaurd spider for sure!! I hate spiders too. Can you find something with a long handle on it to kill it with??
well I don't kill critters..........its run under a plant pot now, so at least I dont have to look at it

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
eew eew eew!! I would be looking for something to smoosh it with if it were me!

Spiders give me the creeps! It was difficult for me to even see that picture

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant see the pic, but if it is a big black yellow spider, don't kill it. They eat other bugs and spiders and are totally harmless. I am not fond of spiders either, but I had one of those in a bush beside my house last summer, and he built the coolest web, completely out ot the way, and it was fun to watch him. He left us alone, so we left him alone. It might have been a different story if he had gotten in.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwwww what a cute lil guy!!!!

have hubby trap him in a flower pot or something and let him go outside! they eat bugs and other nasty lil flying things.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

awwwww what a cute lil guy!!!!

have hubby trap him in a flower pot or something and let him go outside! they eat bugs and other nasty lil flying things.
I love that response compared to all the others...now I don't know about cute , but I would try & get him out. glass jar and slide something under it? then put him outside. I'm bad sometimes I will panic and kill them on first response if they are really close when i see them but if I see them on the other side of a room I will rescue them and put them outside. we use to live in this really decrepid (excuse the spelling) apartment where there were always spiders (now I don't remember this) but the bf claims I started naming all of them cuz i wanted a pet so bad
now look what happen! that was just 4 years ago!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders don't bother me, which was nearly to my detriment when I accidentally brought a brown recluse home in my luggage. Found it in my bathroom which is where I'd emptied out all my laundry, cooed over it a bit, poked it a few times with my finger to see whether it was a jumper or a scuttler..... and then went to look it up on the internet because I'd never seen one like it before

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too big to be a common grass spider or funnel web, she's definitely female and most likely a member of the wolf spider family Lycosidae.

Regardless of whether she is a large species of grass spider, or a wolf species, she'll be much happier outside.

I think she's quite lovely.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'd just trap him in a pot/cup and take him far to the end of your property and let him go. Looks like a nice helpful sprider - not a poisoneous one.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Spiders don't bother me, which was nearly to my detriment when I accidentally brought a brown recluse home in my luggage. Found it in my bathroom which is where I'd emptied out all my laundry, cooed over it a bit, poked it a few times with my finger to see whether it was a jumper or a scuttler..... and then went to look it up on the internet because I'd never seen one like it before
At first I thought it looked like a recluse and their bites are VERY NASTY!

Originally Posted by Arlyn

Too big to be a common grass spider or funnel web, she's definitely female and most likely a member of the wolf spider family Lycosidae.

Regardless of whether she is a large species of grass spider, or a wolf species, she'll be much happier outside.

I think she's quite lovely.
Aren't wolf spiders venomous?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they give ya a nasty bite IF provoked, but usually harmless ( wolf Spiders).

Recluse are the ones that can give you some nasty reactions to bites.