Translation please

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay I bought this small glass "sauce pot". The instructions on the box are rather confusing. Maybe you can clear some of them.

"PURPOSE - This product can used to the oil can, The in full fig and edible liquid in an etc, in sauce goes together with to anticipate the usage.

OPERATION METHOD - By hand the screw opens to plastics covers, making it opened with a personal status.
Put a body on the terrace, then from an oil for pouring into live deal or sauces, combine to cover the bottle to screw tight.
Pour the hour of oil as long as bring up the oil bottle to combine to open the transparent a cover, Then face a direction tilt to one side to can use them."

There are more instructions in the box but I can sort of understand them. The ones above though are really strange to me. Do you get any of them?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What in the world!!!!! Good luck! Is it written in English like that? Sounds like either someone tried to translate that into English or a printer messed up somewhere or I just don't know what! That's bizzar!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have no clue. Sounds like they took a language software and translated it that way. Unfortunately that doesn't always equal good sense.

Can you post a picture of the "sauce pot"?, maybe looking at it will be able to help.

Or maybe take it back to the store and tell them the instructions make no sense and get your money back. Personally, that's what I would do.

Glass cooking pots aren't the best thing. Get 18/10 stainless steel.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"OPERATION METHOD - By hand the screw opens to plastics covers, making it opened with a personal status."

Ummm...if you read that over and over again, it's really so silly-sounding that it's sending me into hysterics!!!
I mean...:censor::censor::censor:???

Sorry, this is funny!!!!

And no, I have no idea how to operate the pot...and neither will anyone else who is trying to follow THOSE directions!!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Okay I bought this small glass "sauce pot". The instructions on the box are rather confusing. Maybe you can clear some of them.

"PURPOSE - This product can used to the oil can, The in full fig and edible liquid in an etc, in sauce goes together with to anticipate the usage.

OPERATION METHOD - By hand the screw opens to plastics covers, making it opened with a personal status.
Put a body on the terrace, then from an oil for pouring into live deal or sauces, combine to cover the bottle to screw tight.
Pour the hour of oil as long as bring up the oil bottle to combine to open the transparent a cover, Then face a direction tilt to one side to can use them."

There are more instructions in the box but I can sort of understand them. The ones above though are really strange to me. Do you get any of them?
My full time job used to be as a technical writer. Before having anything published, I always handed the instructions out to a number of people and asked them to follow the instructions. When there was a problem, I reworked the wording and did it again. I can see that the person that wrote these instructions followed no such practice.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

My full time job used to be as a technical writer. Before having anything published, I always handed the instructions out to a number of people and asked them to follow the instructions. When there was a problem, I reworked the wording and did it again. I can see that the person that wrote these instructions followed no such practice.
Or maybe they did, but the proof readers english was just as bad

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone figures it out, let me know too.

I agree, looks like the native language was "translated" by a machine and they just printed it instead of a human translator!

For some reason I get the impression this is like a fondue pot??????

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GoldenKitty45;1830113 said:
looks like the native language was "translated" by a machine and they just printed it instead of a human translator!/quote]

Yep, I think you hit the nail right on the head. Translations by machine can sometimes be quite funny but not very useful!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what on earth?????
Sorry hon, i really tried to figure it out/help ya but i have no clue what they're trying to get across in those instructions!