Joonyer moving to Hendrick Motorsports

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...r-future_N.htm

I think IF this is truly what will be announced tomorrow, there will be some serious issues with his fans following him. All the troubles at Dega with the Hendrick cars getting pelted with beers by his fans, they will not forget that.

I am hoping this is not what's being announced tomorrow.

Except that Belinda might have to cheer for him, since he'll be a teammate to her hubby's driver.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I think IF this is truly what will be announced tomorrow, there will be some serious issues with his fans following him. All the troubles at Dega with the Hendrick cars getting pelted with beers by his fans, they will not forget that.

Except that Belinda might have to cheer for him, since he'll be a teammate to her hubby's driver.
I won't hafta cheer for Jr., I don't cheer for Jeff.

Maybe now Jr.'s fans will quit throwing all them beer bottles at Jeff.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But I did like his butt the other day when I saw him in his drivers suit

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am really not shocked, after all he has been fighting with his mother over stuff., and lets face it driving for Dale Earnhardt Inc has not gotten him over the top yet.

dale is a good driver i think, alot better then kyle petty ever was. he as chance to win, he needs a better team, and let him just deal with the driving part. also it may be he wants to step out of driving for his dad company and now his mothers and prove he can do it.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the move!! I'm a big Junior fan and I think this is exactly the type of team he needs to finally start winning and possibly win a few championships with. I really believe that if he is given the right equipment, he can compete with the best in the sport.

Very excited about this!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't think this is the best move for him. They said Kyle Busch didn't fit in well with the other Hendrick's drivers, Joonyer is gonna fit in even worse. He's a very shy Southern boy, not some jet-setter like Jeffy-poo and JJ.

And Bruce, he'd proudly tell you "that ain't his momma", that's the evil stepmother. She's got what she wants now, we'll see what she can do with the team.

I personally am hoping Truex bails as well. He deserves better.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a big fan of Junior, and NOT a big fan of Hendrick. Can't STAND Jeffrey or Jimmy.
I just hope the WHINING that is apparently mandatory at Hendrick since Terry Labonte retired doesn't rub off on Jr.

I wish he would have gone to Joe Gibbs Racing, but alcohol is against Joe's religious beliefs and I guess you can't really argue with that. It's just too bad since he and Smoke are practically teammates anyway, especially in the restrictor plate races.

Personally, I hope Truex bails on Teresa too and she falls flat on her face. Refusing to give Jr. his say in DEI is not honoring Dale Sr.'s memory or his wishes.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just don't think this is the best move for him. They said Kyle Busch didn't fit in well with the other Hendrick's drivers, Joonyer is gonna fit in even worse. He's a very shy Southern boy, not some jet-setter like Jeffy-poo and JJ.

And Bruce, he'd proudly tell you "that ain't his momma", that's the evil stepmother. She's got what she wants now, we'll see what she can do with the team.

I personally am hoping Truex bails as well. He deserves better.
I don't know what is the best thing for Jr.

But maybe now his fans will quit throwing beer bottles at Jeff when he wins at Dega.

And Teresa is the evil step mother too.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm a big fan of Junior, and NOT a big fan of Hendrick. Can't STAND Jeffrey or Jimmy.
I just hope the WHINING that is apparently mandatory at Hendrick since Terry Labonte retired doesn't rub off on Jr.

I wish he would have gone to Joe Gibbs Racing, but alcohol is against Joe's religious beliefs and I guess you can't really argue with that. It's just too bad since he and Smoke are practically teammates anyway, especially in the restrictor plate races.

Personally, I hope Truex bails on Teresa too and she falls flat on her face. Refusing to give Jr. his say in DEI is not honoring Dale Sr.'s memory or his wishes.
Teresa is never gonna be hurting for money, no matter who stays and who leaves. Dale Sr. made sure that she was took care of, and I respect him for that, he still has a younger little girl to take care of. His other kids were grown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I don't know what is the best thing for Jr.
Dang, he should asked me and you and Heidi what to do,

I think him getting away from DEI is sad, but necessary.

I'm hoping still that he's going to Childress, their shops are about 2 miles from our house.

angi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the process of moving from So. CA to So. WI!!
Originally Posted by babygirl

I love the move!! I'm a big Junior fan and I think this is exactly the type of team he needs to finally start winning and possibly win a few championships with. I really believe that if he is given the right equipment, he can compete with the best in the sport.

Very excited about this!
Same here!

My boyfriend was very excited about this!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dang, he should asked me and you and Heidi what to do,

I think him getting away from DEI is sad, but necessary.

I'm hoping still that he's going to Childress, their shops are about 2 miles from our house.
You would think he woulda asked us, he knows that we know everything

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol yea i know its his step mom,
but i have thought if there had ever been talk between jr, and childress.
i relly dont get the job gibb think, a sponser is a sponser.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
to be honest, I was shocked by this!! of all the teams, why Hendrick??!!
although they are a good team, Johnson did win the championship last year
and I think that Jr may finally start winning himself now
I agree that the situation between him and his step-mother regarding DEI is just sad
I'm sure Dale wanted his wife and daughter to be financially stable, but I'm sure he wanted his daughter and sons from his first marriage to be a part of it also. I wonder what Truex is going to do too

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like Jr so Ireally don't care where he goes. Now where is that picture of Carl Edwards again!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol yea i know its his step mom,
but i have thought if there had ever been talk between jr, and childress.
i relly dont get the job gibb think, a sponser is a sponser.
Bruce, don't be upset with Joe Gibbs I love him, I named Joey after him

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I don't like Jr so Ireally don't care where he goes. Now where is that picture of Carl Edwards again!
What picture are you talking about?

I seen one of Carl Edwards one time (I don't remember where) but he had on his drivers suit, and it was unzipped down to the waist, and Dang, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it.