The Luckiest Day To Get Married This Century

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not me! Besides... my lucky number is 52. LOL I don't believe most superstitions. They also say it's lucky if it rains on your wedding day... I just say that it'll ruin my Outside ceremony!

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well Im already married, got married 2 years ago in St Lucia the day after my b'day!

Hee hee 2 presents over 2 days, could not have planned it better! So I guess Im lucky that way or did I plan it on purpose!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! It's tempting and probably one of the most taken dates next to V-day!

We aren't going to get married until next year. If the Crazy 8's (8/8/08) or the sequence (1:23:45 6/7/08) both weren't on a friday I would be voting those for our wedding dates.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well WE got married on Valentine's Day (and our birthdays are 2/1 and 2/4 (never noticed it till after that the birthdays are the same as the wedding (1-4.....14)

I don't believe in picking a date that will make your marriage any better/luckier then another. Its the TWO people involved that make the marriage or break the marriage - nothing to do with a date.

BTW our niece happens to be getting married on 7/7 - but I'm not sure if it was cause of the date or just the first Saturday in July. However, we feel she can use all the luck she can get. We don't think the marriage will last long.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for next St Patty's day, as it is our anniversary for our wedding. Its on a monday, so we can deal with wealth.

However, Scott has other ideas.

Some people said we're doomed being named Scott and Lacey because of Scott and Laci Peterson LOL

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who is getting married on that day for that exact reason - Just because of the "date" - And he's not ready to get married either...

So I definately don't think a date has anything to do with it - Its about wanted to get married and make a lifetime commitment to the one you love!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Not me! Besides... my lucky number is 52. LOL I don't believe most superstitions. They also say it's lucky if it rains on your wedding day... I just say that it'll ruin my Outside ceremony!
Really? I always thought it was bad luck to have rain on your wedding day? I dunno...a friend of mine got married on a day when it was a downpour (also an outdoor wedding, luckily they had tents set up). Her marriage didn't even last 2 or 3 years. And that's what we were talking about on that day - how it was a bad omen for the marriage that it was raining so much.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Really? I always thought it was bad luck to have rain on your wedding day? I dunno...a friend of mine got married on a day when it was a downpour (also an outdoor wedding, luckily they had tents set up). Her marriage didn't even last 2 or 3 years. And that's what we were talking about on that day - how it was a bad omen for the marriage that it was raining so much.
I've heard both actually. I just googled it an apparently the idea that it IS lucky comes from Hindu tradition. I do have an alternate if it rains... but it won't be nearly as pretty.

Anyway, we've been through a lot together and I believe that we'll make our own luck.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J's sister is getting married on 07/07/07, but she didn't pick the day because it was supposed to be lucky -- it's a year to the day she and her fiance bought their house.

J and I are getting married 08/08/08, but again, we didn't know it would be a lucky day -- J's just a big geek and thought it would be cool to get married on that day. (Plus, y'know, it's an easy date to remember ...)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would so love to get married on the 7.7.07 i guess i might be lucky next year

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no i'm not seeing as colin hasn't poped the question yet
but i'm not all about the superstition though so to me it really doesn't matter so much

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Anyone here getting married on this date?

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_11895.aspx

Do you think a date can give you extra luck in your marriage?
Oh oh. What about those of us that were married on 06/06/06? Not me, but I was married on 01/01/01. Not only that, but we tied the knot a few seconds after midnight GMT which was 6 pm here. This does not mean much that I know of, but I am one of the few guys that NEVER forget our anniversary!
I think I am also one of the few that realize this was the first day of the 21st century although there is a lot of disagreement on that point.
So, what if I made a quick trip to Reno, and came back and got married on 07/07/07? Would that change our luck? Well, I must say we are happily married and do not believe in superstitions.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persi

My mom and dad were married on January 1st too
But mom said if she did it over, they would have picked another date - in warmer weather. It was an ice storm that day, almost didn't make it to the church and the honeymoon was up in Niagria Falls (IN WINTER)......

But they had a long and strong marriage before my dad died