She actually GREETED me this morning!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another sign that Penny is settling in and feeling comfy with us/me.

The last two weeks since bringing her home, I have greeted her every morning, just as I do Ginger and Ferris, with a good morning and the offer of scritches. Up until this morning, my greetings were generally met with a suspicious look before she would run and hide from me.

This morning when I greeted her, she looked at me without suspicion, actually walked up to me to allow me to scritch her, and responded to my "Good morning, Penny," with a tiny: "Aow? Aow?"

It's such a small thing, but it's so huge to me all the same.

Edit: Oh, and I have to mention that just last night I had a little chat with her about relaxing a bit and joining the household. I told her she missed out on a great game of laser tag in the living room after their supper, and that she should think about joining us more.
I think she paid attention!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah!!!!

I am so glad that she is becoming such a wonderful part of your family. Soon there will come a time when you can't remember a time she wasn't part of your life!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news! She sounds like she is starting to feel more at home and I know what you mean about paying attention. Last night I told Lexi she couldn't walk down the front of my monitor screen to get down. I told her she had to go over the printer or the other way, and guess what?? She listened!! It was like she understood me!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news, and before you know it you'll be overrun

Demanding meows, getting poked in the face when you're on the computer, toys dropped at your feet as a not so subtle hint and ending with unplugging the laptop power cable as an even less subtle hint, no wait that's Nikita
but it's great to hear Penny's coming out of her shell more.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Another sign that Penny is settling in and feeling comfy with us/me.

The last two weeks since bringing her home, I have greeted her every morning, just as I do Ginger and Ferris, with a good morning and the offer of scritches. Up until this morning, my greetings were generally met with a suspicious look before she would run and hide from me.

This morning when I greeted her, she looked at me without suspicion, actually walked up to me to allow me to scritch her, and responded to my "Good morning, Penny," with a tiny: "Aow? Aow?"

It's such a small thing, but it's so huge to me all the same.

Edit: Oh, and I have to mention that just last night I had a little chat with her about relaxing a bit and joining the household. I told her she missed out on a great game of laser tag in the living room after their supper, and that she should think about joining us more.
I think she paid attention!
Awww, great for you! It was the same thing with Alley. In fact, after almost three months, Alley has now started joining us on the Loveseat at night to watch TV. She has always sat on my lap while at the computer and always slept with us but never came back while the TV was on. Maybe it was the noise or something. Whatever it was, I am so happy over this that I could do cartwheels right now. I understand your excitement 100%!