KatKwiz #57 -

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That would be KatKwiz 57, not Heinz 57!

Please make sure you have read the rules by clicking on the KatKwiz link below before playing.

1. How many new members joined The Cat Site last month (May, 2007)

2. Which one of those members has started the most threads

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

That would be KatKwiz 57, not Heinz 57!

Please make sure you have read the rules by clicking on the KatKwiz link below before playing.

1. How many new members joined The Cat Site last month (May, 2007)

2. Which one of those members has started the most threads
Your PM box is full. I have my reply waiting to be sent.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't clear cut by your methods! I did it your way and my way. Your way is including members not in that month.
1)402 members
2) empire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is still a dispute and question over the search engine. There can be no dispute however over the fact that empire is the correct answer for number two. But double day requires a double correct answer so I have to ascertain for sure the correct answer for number one. I will announce the winner when the dispute is resolved (by Ryan (Hydroaxe)). Here is the dispute: If I want to include members that joined on May 1 (as my question asks) then would I use after May 1 or after April 30th? This would depend on whether the search engine considered after May 1 to be one second after midnight on May 1 or on the day following. One thing about it, all of us will learn something from this quiz, including me, and that's what KatKwiz is all about. The points will be awarded as soon as I hear back on this.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

There is still a dispute and question over the search engine. There can be no dispute however over the fact that empire is the correct answer for number two. But double day requires a double correct answer so I have to ascertain for sure the correct answer for number one. I will announce the winner when the dispute is resolved (by Ryan (Hydroaxe)). Here is the dispute: If I want to include members that joined on May 1 (as my question asks) then would I use after May 1 or after April 30th? This would depend on whether the search engine considered after May 1 to be one second after midnight on May 1 or on the day following. One thing about it, all of us will learn something from this quiz, including me, and that's what KatKwiz is all about. The points will be awarded as soon as I hear back on this.
I am still waiting on this one. We will get the answer...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little question.. why are there being questions posted that you aren't sure of the answer? It would be much easier (and quicker) if you would post questions that you already knew the answer to, instead of waiting on Ryan or any other mod to find the corret answer?

Just a question I had, no harm ment, just curious

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Just a little question.. why are there being questions posted that you aren't sure of the answer? It would be much easier (and quicker) if you would post questions that you already knew the answer to, instead of waiting on Ryan or any other mod to find the corret answer?
That's a good question. I also agree it would be a good idea that the answers be known before the question is made, so valuable time isn't wasted.

Anyway, the answer to question 1 cannot be accurately determined despite what the search engine indicates. It's also possible that the answer to question number 2 could be incorrect regardless of the search results.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Just a question I had, no harm ment, just curious
I AM sure of the question when I ask it. I see what results I get and assume that is correct. I research every question before it is asked. I never expected a problem with the search engine on our site, for crying out loud. However, when a problem like this does come up, I have the guts to make darn sure that we end up with correct information or in this case, I am throwing the question out. I have also talked to others about this with PMs and everybody is getting different answers. I had no way to test THAT before I asked the question. Believe me, I thought I KNEW the answer, it seems perfectly simple if the search engine is working the way that it reads. I DO work with a lot of technical writers and they ALL agree with the way I assumed the engine should work based on its wording.

OK, enough defending myself. The points go back in the pot and will be won some day by somebody. I WILL ask easier questions in the future but since I only ask one or two questions a day, I like to make them thought provoking. Maybe I will run them by DW before posting them.

ATTENTION FATHERS!! Sunday is your day and I know we have a few fathers here on The Cat Site besides just me! Watch for

KatKwiz #62 - Father's Day!

You can win up to ONE THOUSAND POINTS just by answering a simple, yes simple, question!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

That's a good question. I also agree it would be a good idea that the answers be known before the question is made, so valuable time isn't wasted.

Anyway, the answer to question 1 cannot be accurately determined despite what the search engine indicates. It's also possible that the answer to question number 2 could be incorrect regardless of the search results.
Sorry for wasting your time effort on this and I DO thank you. I do try to ask questions where people can actually learn something and not just award points to the person that just happens to be in The Cat Lounge and see my question the first. Do not expect easy questions like today #59 all the time, but I will be more careful in the future. BTW, I continually ask people to submit questions of their own and make this more of a group thing. I would only serve as the guy dishing out points.
Thanks again!