Chicken Marsala

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow those are just fabulous - I really like to see the photos especially a step-by-step guide, so useful
you are very good at it !

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your recipes look awesome! I do have one tip that I've learned over the years of BBQ'ing in Kansas City. Turbinaro sugar (natural raw) has a higher burn point than regular or brown sugar and works better on things slow cooked - it doesn't get a bitter tang as normal sugars do. And if you haven't tried fruit wood when you do anything pork, try apple, apricot or plum if you can find it. It adds a little extra bit of sweet kick to the meat. Once you start using fruit woods, you will never look at a fruit tree again without thinking about how you can use it when smoking meat. We were driving down the street last week and someone had just pruned their peach trees. We actually stopped and asked them for the wood and they were glad that we hauled it off for them. We now have about a 2 year supply of peach wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey thanks for the tip on the sugars. I'll look to see if we can find it here. Fruitwoods like apple aren't available here in chunks (nobody grows apples in Hawaii) , only the processed pellets whick I've used before.

I want to try to find Guava which is locally grown and should also go well with roast pork. I used Mesquite because its the closest to Keawe, our most popular smoking wood in the islands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wow those are just fabulous - I really like to see the photos especially a step-by-step guide, so useful
you are very good at it !
The chicken was the hardest....wash "chicken" off hands - take picture, Repeat, repeat, repeat. At least with the Ribs I had an extra pair of hands to help out.