My kitten's tail..

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Saedie's tail was caught under the leg of a chair about 30 minutes ago. She was obviously in pain when it happened and when I got the chair leg off of her tail she ran into my room and went under my bed. When she came back out after her little "It is all my fault" tantrum, I noticed the tip of her tail was sorta drooping. When I would touch her tail she didn't show that she was in pain or anything and she is acting compleatly normal again. I don't know if I should be worried that the tip might be broken or if it is only drooping because it is sore?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany_Nicole

My kitten Saedie's tail was caught under the leg of a chair about 30 minutes ago. She was obviously in pain when it happened and when I got the chair leg off of her tail she ran into my room and went under my bed. When she came back out after her little "It is all my fault" tantrum, I noticed the tip of her tail was sorta drooping. When I would touch her tail she didn't show that she was in pain or anything and she is acting compleatly normal again. I don't know if I should be worried that the tip might be broken or if it is only drooping because it is sore?
It may only be bruised, but if it is still like that in a few hours or the next day i suggest just to be safe, take her to the vet.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might still be in a lot of pain. Cats don't show pain the way we do... for example, mine are *crazy* when I play with them and will make these huge leaps and then fall flat on their sides on the edge or corner of a piece of furniture or smack their heads (with a great big "KERTHUMP") and then get right up and go on.. and you *know* it had to hurt... anyway, it was explained to me that they just don't show pain the way other animals do, so often when they're focused on something, even if there is pain, they're blocking it in a manner of speaking.

I'd say that the tail injury probably isn't life threatening, but certainly if you have the money, I'd have her looked at. Their tails are important to their balance and to a host of other things, so it can be difficult for them if it's off-kilter. It's probably not a horribly expensive visit.