Question about eating

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today Midnight had her first ride in the car and she was in her crate. When we got home kept trying to get outside but for two days now I have been successful in keeping her in.

Plus with the trip in the car it chaged her routine for today too.

And when I tried to give the Heartguard while ago she would not take it. I think it's just been a big, tiring day and all. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll her normal self.

I know this afternoon when I took Tal to the lake, she had eaten, drank a little and used the litter box.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where are you feeding Midnight? Where is the litterbox?

The litterbox should be in a place where it is quiet & safe. Preferably a corner. The food, also quiet or she may not eat there. I've had to move feeding stations so that my cats would eat several times!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put both the litter box and her food and water dishes on the washer and dryer. Mainly to keep Tal away from the cat poop and so Midnight could eat and go potty in peace. I have thought about changint it but we are going to be here for only about a week longer so I am going to wait until we move into the new place.

Plus, when Midnight's cat tree gets here tomorrow, then she will have a place like Tal has his den that is strictly hers. I can train Tal not to bother her stuff hopefully!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To keep Tal out of litterboxes.....I like 18 Gallon Rubbermaid totes. I cut a hole in the top of one big enough for my biggest cat to get through. However, the dogs cannot get their heads down in there far enough to sneak any snacks!
You might consider that for once you move....then you do not have a find a place to keep the LB that Tal won't get to.

Another idea....baby gate off one room. Keep Midnight's food/water/litterbox in there. She'll likely eventually get to drinking from Tal's water bowl anyways.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

To keep Tal out of litterboxes.....I like 18 Gallon Rubbermaid totes. I cut a hole in the top of one big enough for my biggest cat to get through. However, the dogs cannot get their heads down in there far enough to sneak any snacks!
You might consider that for once you move....then you do not have a find a place to keep the LB that Tal won't get to.
I second the Rubbermaid tote. They work great, cut down on litter flinging, and are MUCH cheaper than an XL covered litterbox.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

I second the Rubbermaid tote. They work great, cut down on litter flinging, and are MUCH cheaper than an XL covered litterbox.
I would never have thought of the tote idea! I can see where that would be a good idea. Plus I like the idea of not having to sweep up the litter flung all over the top of the dryer! This is one of the reasons I like these forums. Folks have discovered low cost ways to do what some of the expensive stuff they sell does...Cool!