Watermelon? Yummy!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody else love watermelon??
I bought one yesterday(actually my daughter picked one out,hehe) but man oh man-it is soooo yummy!!! I love summer-just for watermelon

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOOVE watermelon! I prefer the seed ones over the seedless, has more taste to them

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man .. I've always said I would be perfectly happy living in a watermelon patch all summer
I love love love watermelon!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I love watermellon! But I need practice with cutting them up!
Yeah, I don't have that talent either...they always look like they were butchered by Jason by the time I get through with them! But, they are soooo yummy!

I love to freeze watermelon! Either in chuncks or quarter slices. When it is really hot outside frozen watermelon is the best! They are mainly water so they freeze quick.

I like the one's with seeds better too. Without seeds, where's the challenge?

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I love watermellon! But I need practice with cutting them up!
Cutting them up? All you need is a stick! Just give it a good whack and dig in.

Try cutting a small hole in a watermelon, using a spatula to mash up the inside, pour in some liquor (rum, gin, vodka, or amaretto for you sweet lovers), let it sit overnight in the fridge. Careful, don't eat too much too quick.

Nothing quite like a slice of near frozen watermelon on a hot and sticky summer day.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watermelon is one of my favorites as well.
I have yet to find anything that will cool you down like a ice cold piece of watermelon on a hot day. I also perfer them with seeds as well because they are much sweeter.
Yummy Yummy Yummy I know what I will be stopping by to pick up at the farmers market after work.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watermelon, but I know a woman who is deathly afraid of them. She doesn't know why, but the very sight of watermelon scares the heck out of her! Whole, chopped up, sliced ... It doesn't matter what it looks like, if she knows it's watermelon, she's afraid of it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I LOOVE watermelon! I prefer the seed ones over the seedless, has more taste to them
Me too! I think I will pick one up today

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the seedless Sugar Babies as long as the heartburn stays away!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That does look delicious!! I purchased one at the grocery yesterday along w/cantaloupe and fresh strawberries. Can't wait to eat some!!