He said WHAT?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tonight when I came home, I was fixing supper and vacuuming, and John was relaxing on the couch- no big deal, I was tired and wanted to rest too, but things must be done. He works in the heat and it was about 95* today and he was just beat.... I get to work in the AC all day in a comfy chair... I wasn't gonna complain OR ask him to do anything!

While I was vacuuming, I asked him to quickly check dinner in the oven, he said sure, no problem! He goes to the kitchen, and comes back out and tells me that he can't tell if its done yet... and asked if I would like HIM to finish vacuuming!

I stopped and almost fainted!
He's not a cleaner, and never helps out much, but thats okay, I'd rather do it myself so its done right... but you better believe that I shoved that vacuum so fast before he could change his mind!

He finished the whole apartment for me and put it away!

I thought I died for a second, I think thats the first time I've ever heard him OFFER to help me clean! Maybe its because he was just really hungry and didn't want supper to be burned in the oven

Either way, it was nice

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww that is sweet
Jim needs to take some lessons from him and I need to take some cooking lessons from you

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Kenz, I hope you showed your appreciation

Usually if men are shown they dun good, they will do good again

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's lovely Kenz. Tristan and i don't live together, but when i go to his house if i see a mess that frustrates me i clean it up! Then he's like 'stop stop i PROMISE it will be clean before you come up again' suuure...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, something must be up...

You might in the near future hear ... "remember that day I vacuumed..." when he wants his next big ticket item

Seriously...that's great when guys help out around the house without having to be poked and prodded to do so!!!! Yay for him!!! <insert clapping icon here>

PS: How come the visible smilies to the right of the reply box change?!! I can't be bothered to open the "more" and dig through all of them so I just use what is in the selection of 12 to the right of the reply window. And now the ones I like to use are gone again

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely a keeper! That's so sweet! Good you took him up on it, can't let that rare opportunity pass you by.
And I'm sure you'll thank him sincerely for it!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is sweet. I am lucky, my DH (John as well) cooks and cleans constantly, but then again he is a bit of a neat freak. I don't vaccuum well enough for his liking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Drat. Here I thought he said he wanted to really get a 3rd kitty!
No... no room for a 3rd!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm really lucky because my wonderful bf does not hesitate to help out no matter what the job. Of course I always "get to help" when it comes to haying or some project on the farm..

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

That's so sweet!! Can I send Pat down to you for some training?
SURE! I forgot to add, that while I was multi-tasking... fixing supper, cleaning up the kitchen, he also picked up the living room!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Must be something in the air! Last night Matt vacuumed the open floor in th afamily room (cuz the litter was driving him nuts) all on his own. I can't even say it was so I could make dinner cuz he did that too... he also did the dishes!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

PS: How come the visible smilies to the right of the reply box change?!! I can't be bothered to open the "more" and dig through all of them so I just use what is in the selection of 12 to the right of the reply window. And now the ones I like to use are gone again
they change them from time to time... most of us have them memorized... the clapping one is just the word clap in between a set of :____: these....
Alot of them are just the word of description, like nausea between :___: looks like
.... see?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Must be something in the air! Last night Matt vacuumed the open floor in th afamily room (cuz the litter was driving him nuts) all on his own. I can't even say it was so I could make dinner cuz he did that too... he also did the dishes!
Wow!! Maybe he can come teach John a thing or two! He could use some tips on how to clean.... thats because he doesn't clean at all, but I'd rather him not, becuase when he does, he does a 1/2 job!
That makes me angry