my kitty dos'nt like me anymore

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Pumpkin was missing for a few days last week and I found out that she has been living at my neighbors behind us, I brought her back home but as soon as she could she went back over there, I guess she likes living there better than at my place,
I guess I can't force her to stay, at least I know where she is, she still comes home sometimes, she is fixed so I don't think she stays cause of the male cats.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you keep her shut in and tempt her back to your life with nice treats and love? Some cats like to have a couple of homes for the extra food/attention. Maybe if you give her as much love, play time, and lil treats as she can take, while keeping her away from the neighbours, she'll forget about them.
*vibes for your kitty and you*

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Better to have 2 homes than none!
Maybe she can stay with you part time, and the neighbors the other?
Because you really can't force her to stay.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, I feel that this is YOUR cat. You can choose where the cat lives, noone else! I know that's easier said then done.

Second of all, dont feel bad. Please! Cats are weird, they attach to different people for different reasons. It's not anything against you or anything that you may have done wrong. It's just what the cat prefers.

Have you sat down and talked to this neighbor? You guys should really get something worked out! The cat can't continue to live going from one place to the next. Just my opinion!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't you make her an indoor-only kitty? That would be so much safer for her, for so many reasons. She might complain at first, but in time, she'll adjust to being indoors -- and she'll have a much longer, healthier life because of it, too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Can't you make her an indoor-only kitty? That would be so much safer for her, for so many reasons. She might complain at first, but in time, she'll adjust to being indoors -- and she'll have a much longer, healthier life because of it, too.
Ditto that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't really make her an indoor kitty, with my girls going in and out and it being summer the door is open all day, to keep her in I would have to shut her up in a room and I could'nt do that to her.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my Lily didn't like me any more (or was mad at me) one year after getting her. I took her to our vet and it turned out she had a fever as a reaction to her vaccinations! After getting her fever down, she was her lovable self... Maybe your kitty isn't well?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this neighbour feeding her?
If so then your going to have a tough time keeping her home. One of my cats moved out for 2 weeks and I knew he was going to a neighbour because I got a new cat but I asked them very nicely NOT to feed him. He would come back for food and gradually came back to me but it was horrible so I feel for you.
Could you speak to the neighbour?