Are you a girly girl, or a tomboy?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you a girly girl, or a tomboyish girl?

For me, I'm a little bit of both. I love to have my cute clothes and heels, but I have my fair share of comfy jeans and t-shirts and tennis shoes. I absolutely adore taking my shoes off and running thru the grass all summer, and laying in the grass with the kitties, not minding if I get dirty at all!

I adore camping, I don't care if I get dirty or gross from fishing or walking around in the dirt/mudd if its raining. Usually when we're camping with my family, I won't wear shoes all weekend, its just a wonderful feeling! I'll swim in the lake with the fishies (but I won't touch the worms when I'm fishing, thats where I draw my line!
) I can hang with the guys like the best of them, riding on the back of a Harley, drinking a few beers now and then, but they know I'm a girl, and treat me like one too

I guess I'm right in the middle, but I think I'd say I'm more towards the tomboyish girl than a girly girl, dirt doesn't scare me!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the ANTITHESIS of the girly-girl.

I do not wear makeup. I cannot wear heels. I hate to wear skirts/dresses. I don't "do" my hair. I'm up and out of the house in 15 minutes flat if I don't need to shower, 45 minutes flat if I do.

I'm not a back-stabber and I have WAY more male friends than female friends. Come to think of it, with just a couple of exceptions, you all are the largest group of (mostly) women that I've been friendly with in my life!

I've been told that I drive a stick-shift and ride my Harley like a man. (I have also been told that this is the highest compliment a man can pay a girl.
)

I prefer a wallet to a pocketbook or purse, and don't use a blowdryer on my hair unless I absolutely have to. I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

I think the list continues, but you all get the jist.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Girly girl for me. Always in a skirt and sparkly tops with heels and plenty of bling in earrings and necklaces etc..if i go out on an evening.

On weekends i dress casual, but it's usually denim skirts and t shirts with flip flops if it's warm, oh and the matching accessories of course

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More of a tomboy - I don't like dressing up (but will now more then when younger); don't wear makeup except if dressing up special. I like the outdoors more which means jeans/shorts, etc.

Don't mind getting my hands dirty in planting, fishing, hiking, etc.

I think the time women spend "getting ready" is silly.............hubby likes me au natural
(his ex used to take 2 hrs to get ready and he couldn't tell any improvment)

I only have to please hubby, and will dress up and put on makeup for him - not anyone else

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Are you a girly girl, or a tomboyish girl?

For me, I'm a little bit of both. I love to have my cute clothes and heels, but I have my fair share of comfy jeans and t-shirts and tennis shoes. I absolutely adore taking my shoes off and running thru the grass all summer, and laying in the grass with the kitties, not minding if I get dirty at all!

I adore camping, I don't care if I get dirty or gross from fishing or walking around in the dirt/mudd if its raining. Usually when we're camping with my family, I won't wear shoes all weekend, its just a wonderful feeling! I'll swim in the lake with the fishies (but I won't touch the worms when I'm fishing, thats where I draw my line!
) I can hang with the guys like the best of them, riding on the back of a Harley, drinking a few beers now and then, but they know I'm a girl, and treat me like one too

I guess I'm right in the middle, but I think I'd say I'm more towards the tomboyish girl than a girly girl, dirt doesn't scare me!
I'm right in the middle too... as much as I love getting all pretty and girly in heals and makeup or going to the salon for pampering I also love doing "guy" things like drinking a beer and watching the race or going fishing. What's funny about my fishing trips is I bait my own hook like the guys but I'm the ONLY one who will take a fish off the hook with out a glove. My brother uses a glove and Matt won't touch them at all! LOL Poor boys are afraid of a few barbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm not a back-stabber and I have WAY more male friends than female friends. Come to think of it, with just a couple of exceptions, you all are the largest group of (mostly) women that I've been friendly with in my life!

ME TOO!! I have way more male friends than I do female friends. You ladies here on TCS are the only women that I've become so close with (besides my mom, aunts & grandma!)
Otherwise, its all men for me! They are so much easier to get along with!

And as for driving a stick like a man- John told me that too!
When he taught me in his jeep, I need a refresher course tho!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am definitely both also.

I wear makeup, I love shopping, I love shoes and purses...

But I also love hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm a girly tomboy alright. I like dressing up (but not makeup and hair so much) and looking as cute as I ever get

But I can put together a computer on my own or fix one, and I can put up a pretty good fight on my chosen video games.
Plus, I play a lot of solo video games and what not. And all of my friends are guys. I once went to dinner with 13 guys and little ol' me. It was quite amusing.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm more of a girly girl... but I'm not like all about designer anything -- I can not afford that stuff even if I wanted to!

I always have been a really girly girl... I was always the little girl who was decked out for picture day and dance recitals. I loved being able to wear makeup and all that fun stuff.

I don't mind getting dirty though -- I have never been camping and although the idea of no showers and using the great outdoors as your restroom kinda irks me, I still would love to go! I used to love going tubing down the river upstate where BF is from, but one time I got attacked by baby leeches so I don't think I will ever set foot in that river again!

I sound so ridiculous!!

I can hang with the guys pretty good too (and can even drink a few of them under the table
). Despite being a girly girl they love me just the same...

My sister is the tomboy

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm maybe a little bit of both! My tom boy ways: I love wearing jeans, wife beaters (tank top), and my etnies sneakers, or k-swiss, I also have gauge tunnels in my ears, sometimes I wear Old Spice men's deoderant (lol, hey it works), and If I had a choice between wearing perfume or cologne, i'd go cologne all the way! As for my girlie side: My toenails are always polished, usually my fingernails are as well (I use to have fake nails but haven't in almost a year now), I always dye my hair whenever the outgrowth starts to appear, I wear makeup, I wear perfume, I like shopping, I LOVE jewelry, I love coach bags, I love pink, etc... You get the picture... Im more girlie than tom-boy by far, but I still have a few boyish ways!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a tom boy

I don't wear make up, I don't curl my hair (or even blow dry it!), and I don't wax my eyebrows!

I don't care what clothes I'm wearing... sometimes I don't even care if they are clean! I prefer wearing jeans and a t-shirt! I don't own even 1 dress! I do have 1 long black skirt though

I have jewelry. I just don't wear it-EVER! I only wear my promise ring that my boyfriend gave me!

I don't even own 1 pair of high heels, or any other fancy shoes! My shoe collection consists of flip flops, and 2 pairs of tennis shoes!

I have a motorcycle! (Working on getting motorcycle license)

I love going camping, fishing, riding quads, 4 wheeling in the bronco or just swimming in anything that has water!

I love my life, because it's so simple

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm mostly a tomboy. But I love stuffed animals and jewelry... those are about the only things really girly about me. I don't mind being feminine once in a while, but I would hate it as a full-time job.
I still like to get dirty, play with rocks and cars, and I pulled the heads off my Barbies as a little girl.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

And as for driving a stick like a man- John told me that too!
When he taught me in his jeep, I need a refresher course tho!
Aww... I miss driving stick!

Originally Posted by Sandtigress

But I can put together a computer on my own or fix one, and I can put up a pretty good fight on my chosen video games.
Plus, I play a lot of solo video games and what not. And all of my friends are guys. I once went to dinner with 13 guys and little ol' me. It was quite amusing.
I kick Matt's butt at video golf every time! He accuses the game of cheating.

Originally Posted by Roxie225

I don't mind getting dirty though -- I have never been camping and although the idea of no showers and using the great outdoors as your restroom kinda irks me, I still would love to go!
Actually, alot of the camp grounds have bathrooms with showers and most at least have port-a-potty. Though, given the choice, I'd rather go behind a bush that in a port-a-potty!

Originally Posted by trixie23

I also have gauge tunnels in my ears
That's tom-boyish?! Well, there's another tom-boy point for me then.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little bit of both, honestly.

I like dressing up (so long as I'm not doing it every day), I like fancy shoes, I love collecting "junk" jewelry, and although I hate buying clothes, I like looking "put together" (which, if anything I own goes together, is entirely due to the assistance of someone more fashion-conscious). I'm currently thrilled with the fact that my toenails are painted a really cool shade of purple, and I'm planning on dyeing my hair tonight (in part because I need to hide the white strands threading through it -- I have a vitamin deficiency that causes my hair to turn grey prematurely ... I'm only 28!).

Conversely, I'm not into romantic comedies or romance novels. I seldom wear makeup (I don't even know how to apply it), suck at doing my own hair, and have no real sense of fashion. I know how to swordfight. I'm more tech-savvy than my fiance and am often used as tech support wherever I work. I can take most things apart and put them back together (and have them work!). I enjoy camping, even winter camping, with snow piled up around my tent, and I've been fishing and hunting (but am unlikely to do either ever again ... just not my thing).

I think I'd typically say I'm a tomboy, because I've always been more interested in stereotypically "masculine" pursuits versus "feminine" ones; at least, I don't really consider myself to be very "girly-girl," but I can be very feminine at times.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That's tom-boyish?! Well, there's another tom-boy point for me then.
Thats what people say... "That's not very feminine" Mine aren't too big... I have 4 gauges in my first holes and 6 in my second holes! I was thinking of letting em close because I miss girlie earrings sometimes! It would take at least a year for them to drop down to a decent size. I had gauges once and let them close up (was requested by my cousin for her wedding), I wore girly earrings for about a year, and then stretched em again... I don't know what my problem is

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot one! I am really into cars... Not so much working on them but into racing and knowing about them... Their specs, their modifications, etc! I love bikes too... Though I do not have one, the bf was checking into something with some seriously small cc's for me to start with lol. I definitley can't ride his bike, he can barely touch the ground and it's a gsxr 750 (death on wheels for me)! I love going to the racetrack (I use to travel with my mom and her ex all over the midwest for ihra and nhra nationals... he is a racer)... I used to play in the cornfields with all the guys at the track, get dirty, you name it!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit of a tomboy for me!!
Doing landscaping as a profession-well its not to kind on the hands!! The fingers won't be truly clean for quite some time-no fingernails either!! But I try to look somewhat put together while I am working.
I do paint my toenails though. I have a few skirts and dresses left over from my office job days-do not get much of a chance to wear them though. Ditto with the high heels!!
Don't wear makeup in the job-hair is in a ponytail the majority of the time-however my hair stylist highlights it specifically for a pony tail and disparages over my wooly eyebrows!!
I like rings and bracelets however once again not much of an opportunity to wear them (remember wedding ring was cut off my finger in April!!) Same with perfume-don't want to attract insects while gardening. My summer outfit is shorts and sports bra at home-cover up with tank top or tshirt while on the job.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am more of a tomboy I think.

I do wear makeup, and wear skirts sometimes. But I am not really into fashion or spraying perfume on myself every 35 minutes.

I love cars and know alot about them..I surprise most men with what I know.

I have short stubby fingernails, and have never have a pedicure or a manicure.

I sometimes think I should have been born a guy

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to consider myself more of a tomboy type, I keep reptiles after all.

If I can, I love to go herping, this is what looking for wild reptiles and amphibians is called.
I once scared the you know what out of my father by walking up to him with a 4+ foot angry racer while he was fishing.
My mother always hated that as well. Instead of playing with dolls, I was out catching lizards, toads, insects, or at the very least playing in the mud. I also breed/keep insects for my reptiles, these alone would disgust most people.

I do not own dresses, skirts, or heels (never mind that heels would be a safety hazard for me). I prefer jeans and tees, plain sneakers or boots. Practically everyday I'm scrubbing dirt out from under my nails, so no nail polish either. I prefer not to have to dress up, but I'm also one of those people that likes a nice quiet night at home instead of out doing something. Sometimes I wear makeup, but usually only foundation to cover my freckles. And the only jewelry I wear are plain silver rings, bands, and two with onyx settings.

My only "girly" side might be that I love to make things, cooking, drawing/painting, crafts, sewing, nailing/screwing stuff together too.

The typical stuff that's seen as girly, shopping, perfumes, clothes really hold no appeal for me.

Maybe instead of tomboy or girly girly, I just consider myself boring?