I got the evil eye this morning....

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't post silly stories, but I was so convinced my cats were going to have it in for me that I have to share.

My husband left for a business trip yesterday afternoon (he's been traveling way too much lately, but that's another thread....
), and I got sick and was stuck over the toilet after work last night puking my guts out. I didn't give the cats fresh water, food, or their canned food or hamburger treat. They had just a little hard food left. My mom can't do much of anything outside of her bedroom, so I just let it be and went directly to bed.

As I left the office and passed their food bowl in the kitchen, I saw all six cats sitting in front of the food bowls and giving me the evil eye. I mean, they were really scowling at me! Ziggy and Sofia were eating the rest of the food, and even they gave me the evil eye as they were eating. It was like they were saying, "We understand, but if you don't remember to feed us in the morning, we are going to seriously kill you". I was almost really scared.
Normally, they'd follow me and meow until I give in when something like this happens, but not this time!

Needless to say, I made sure they got everything first thing this morning!
Needless to say, they are all happy now.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you at least feeling better? Maybe they were just trying to scare your ill feeling away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got sick again this morning, but I made it to work okay. I've only had a half bowl of minestrone soup broth to eat today, though... but that's probably all I can handle.

I have some medicine that helps me deal with the nausea.
It could be the stomach flu, but I'm one of those weird women that gets "morning sickness" during every cycle of PMS, and it's about that time.

I'm feeling fine at the moment. Thanks for asking!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

I got sick again this morning, but I made it to work okay. I've only had a half bowl of minestrone soup broth to eat today, though... but that's probably all I can handle.

I have some medicine that helps me deal with the nausea.
It could be the stomach flu, but I'm one of those weird women that gets "morning sickness" during every cycle of PMS, and it's about that time.

I'm feeling fine at the moment. Thanks for asking!
I know exactly what you mean about "morning sickness" before your period. I noticed if I am more active the whole month, I don't get the sick feeling.
I hope you feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I know exactly what you mean about "morning sickness" before your period. I noticed if I am more active the whole month, I don't get the sick feeling.
I hope you feel better.
Darn! See, I have the opposite problem... I'm a waitress and have been for the past year. I've lost 40 lbs.
I work four to five days a week, and it's not job where you sit still by any means! I work at a busy location... Anyway, I've found that I get this feeling more often the more physically active I am. It's helping the weightloss.
Maybe smelling the same food day after day doesn't help matters.