KatKwiz #56 - This is staggering?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And now, for a quick 300 points tell me

According to a poll, people were asked whether they share their beds with a cat. A staggering ?? percent said that they always do!

As always, information is found on The Cat Site.
Do you find this number staggering? By the way, if you look closely at my siggy, you will find Persi & Alley in our bed, waiting for us to join them. Anyway, I am staggered at the answer and I will tell you later why.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a total percentage of 93.85%, thats 2 combined percentages from a poll I found.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

And now, for a quick 300 points tell me

According to a poll, people were asked whether they share their beds with a cat. A staggering ?? percent said that they always do!

As always, information is found on The Cat Site.
Do you find this number staggering? By the way, if you look closely at my siggy, you will find Persi & Alley in our bed, waiting for us to join them. Anyway, I am staggered at the answer and I will tell you later why.
Possibly more staggering is that we are half way through (6 Hours) with this contest and do not have a correct answer. Go for it!
The answer is almost word for word a few clicks away.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

60 percent....
We have a winner here!
You are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!

Here is all you had to do:

Click on Cat Behavior. Sounds fairly logical.

Click on Cat Sleep. Sounds very logical.

Scroll down to Favorite Sleeping places and you will find:

In fact in our very own first weekly poll, visitors were asked whether they share their beds with a cat. A staggering sixty percent said that they always do!

I have no idea why the author thinks this is staggering. I would have thought the answer to be much higher. And so does Persi & Alley as you can see below!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yay for you!
If I had not read the answer of 60% right here on The Cat Site, I would have guessed somewhere around what you have. Perhaps it is just because we hear from all the people that let their cats sleep with them and do not hear from the ones that do not. Persi was on the bed from day one and Alley made her way to the bed on her second day here. And now when they think it is bedtime, they wait on the bed as shown. Oh well, you can console yourself with that super shiny silver Harley you have!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If I had not read the answer of 60% right here on The Cat Site, I would have guessed somewhere around what you have. Perhaps it is just because we hear from all the people that let their cats sleep with them and do not hear from the ones that do not. Persi was on the bed from day one and Alley made her way to the bed on her second day here. And now when they think it is bedtime, they wait on the bed as shown. Oh well, you can console yourself with that super shiny silver Harley you have!!
I noticed that a lot of your questions are based on the links above but at the sametime many of us remember threads with polls in them. I think both ways of getting the answer is correct.

Congrats to Kenz for finding the polls and coming up with the percentage!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think it has more to do with the changing demographics of TCS, some of those articles have been online for quite a while and it does mention that it is talking about the very first poll so I would imagine it is one of the older ones. Mackenzie's numbers which are an average of two separate polls are probably a more accurate estimate of the people on TCS now.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I would think it has more to do with the changing demographics of TCS, some of those articles have been online for quite a while and it does mention that it is talking about the very first poll so I would imagine it is one of the older ones. Mackenzie's numbers which are an average of two separate polls are probably a more accurate estimate of the people on TCS now.
it doesn't matter anyways, I don't need the points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Here is the poll in question. You do not ADD two numbers and take the SUM to get the AVERAGE of two numbers and that is what was done. No, there is a division process now involved which yields even a lower percentages than 60%.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...share+beds+cat

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being that that was a two part question, if you are single or not and do you let the cat sleep on the bed, there isn't as it is different people answering.

4 out of 65 people said they do not (whether married or not) let their cat sleep on the bed, which is around 6% so close to 94% would be correct

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

it doesn't matter anyways, I don't need the points!
Yes, you do! I am sending you 300 points. It is unfortunate their is different information around on TCS. I awarded the points to crazyforinfo because she found the exact answer exactly as asked. And also because it is a The Cat Site article, not somebody's post. But you will find 300 new points in your bank account.

Watch for today's questions. There certainly will be NO duplicate information on this one. As fare as duplicate information in the future, I will have to work that out. Congratulations!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, you do! I am sending you 300 points. It is unfortunate their is different information around on TCS. I awarded the points to crazyforinfo because she found the exact answer exactly as asked. And also because it is a The Cat Site article, not somebody's post. But you will find 300 new points in your bank account.

Watch for today's questions. There certainly will be NO duplicate information on this one. As fare as duplicate information in the future, I will have to work that out. Congratulations!
That is very nice of you.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a forum with hundreds of thousands of posts, how can there NOT be "duplicate" information sometimes? If people don't know that you are looking for an answer from a "official" article, they are going to give an answer based on whatever they find: a poll, a link, etc. Everyone searches for answers differently, and just because they don't get them from the same part of the site that you do doesn't mean they are wrong.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

It's a forum with hundreds of thousands of posts, how can there NOT be "duplicate" information sometimes? If people don't know that you are looking for an answer from a "official" article, they are going to give an answer based on whatever they find: a poll, a link, etc. Everyone searches for answers differently, and just because they don't get them from the same part of the site that you do doesn't mean they are wrong.
Maybe it would be useful to indicate where the info should be found (ie: article of forum).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I acknowledge that what you say is true. In view of this, when an answer comes up different from what I have found, I will always PM the person and ask how they got their answer. If they are the first person with A correct answer that they show that they indeed got from The Cat Site, they will be the winner. Also, in cases of dispute, I wll always PM the authority before awarding the points. Such a case is right now, I am awaiting an official answer to a question on the internal workings of a search engine from Ryan. The end result though is that the correct answer will always be given in the end and as I have stated many times, I learn just as much as anybody else running these contests. I also encourage our members to PM me with questions they would like to see used. I always value the input of members such as yourself and will always strive to make KatKwiz an informative source of information for using this wonderful site. Whenever there is any confusion or dispute over an answer, I will always use an arbitrator as I am now doing with KatKwiz 57. And I DO thank you all for your input. And now I need to go look for a question there can be no doubt on for KatKwiz #58!
I just wanna keep giving points away and I listen to all input. And act as best I can. Somebody is always going to get the points unless there is no correct answer whatsoever and that has only happened once to date.