Well... I didn't know 8-Bit had it in him.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had a few friends over, and one of them was an animal behaviorist. 8-Bit usually keeps a safe distance from company, and then does something to get attention. The moment she walked in and looked at him she said, "Oh, he's going to try something. We'll fix this right now."

She grabbed him, sat him on her lap and rubbed behind his ears for a few moments. She then let him sent mark her, and then 8-Bit let her rub his belly for another few moments.

He then tromped off and fell asleep.

She told me that he just wants to be included, and as long as I make him feel wanted while I have guest over, even if it's only for a few moments, he'll not do the attention seeking stuff.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please can you send her round here? Radar's attempts to be included in the fun when guests are here usually results in screaming and him being shut out of the room. My mum is terrified of him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Please can you send her round here? Radar's attempts to be included in the fun when guests are here usually results in screaming and him being shut out of the room. My mum is terrified of him
Awww... I'm sure she wouldn't mind a trip to England.

I've just never seen someone call out 8-Bit in less than five seconds. It's like she knew him on some weird level.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

So does this mean your company will no longer be gifted with bras and undies?
I hope so!

She also gave me some great tips about Dr Claw and how to make him feel more comfortable around here. I think I may have to have her over and pay her for a consult.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, she sounds like an awesome person to know!!! I bet she saw the look in 8-Bit's eye and just chuckled to herself

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like 8-Bit met his match!!! Please don't change him - we love him as he is!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Sounds like 8-Bit met his match!!! Please don't change him - we love him as he is!
Awww... I won't change him. He's still my crazy gray boy that will do anything to get his moment in the sun. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (he says hi by the way)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Last night we had a few friends over, and one of them was an animal behaviorist. 8-Bit usually keeps a safe distance from company, and then does something to get attention. The moment she walked in and looked at him she said, "Oh, he's going to try something. We'll fix this right now."

She grabbed him, sat him on her lap and rubbed behind his ears for a few moments. She then let him sent mark her, and then 8-Bit let her rub his belly for another few moments.

He then tromped off and fell asleep.

She told me that he just wants to be included, and as long as I make him feel wanted while I have guest over, even if it's only for a few moments, he'll not do the attention seeking stuff.
When company comes over, Persi always wants to be included in everything. He goes from person to person and remains with the people the entire evening. Alley, on the other hand, heads for the bedroom where she remains under the bed for the evening. I have been picking her up and carrying her around the people just to let her know there is no danger but when I put her down it's back to under the bed.