Need some Prayers

meower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We let our cat, Tiger, out this morning about 9:45 am and she hasn't returned since. She usually doesn't leave for more than an hour because she is afraid she might miss a meal. We are surrounded by woods and the next door neighbor said he saw a large coyote strolling through his yard tonight at 5:00p.m.
She is 14 years old striped tiger. We adopted her when she was 13 from the local humane society. She is the strangest cat I have ever owned. There has been no way to keep her in since she was set in her ways when we adopted her. She is very protective of my 11 year old daughter (protecting her from what she perceives to be a threat to our daughter such as the dog when my daughter and the dog are wrestling) and she sleeps with my daughter every night. I usually don't let her out until 9:30 am or after in the morning and have her in about an hour before it gets dark.
Please pray for her safe return...we hope she is up a tree or locked in a shed or garage...I am on my way to call for her again.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Prayers are being sent for Tiger to return safely - and soon! At least she is used to being outdoors, so she understands the dangers and is probably familiar with good hiding places. That certainly doesn't eliminate the risk, but it does reduce it. I understand your fear, as we have coyotes in our area, too, and I've seen them right from the house. And on nights when Red Cat used to go out on the town, I'd hardly get any sleep out of fear for his safety. Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often now that he is older.

Come home, Tiger, come home!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers and hugs being sent to you and your family, I hope Tiger comes home soon.

Please keep us updated on him.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear Tiger is missing. I'm sending lots of prayers your way that she returns home safely soon!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she is safe and well and comes home soon! If she's used to being outdoors and she sensed any danger she may well have found somewhere safe to hide and may not respond to you calling her - ask any neighbours you have if you can check their basements, sheds, and any other space she could get into like gaps under decking. Check any space big enough for a cat to squeeze into! There's a chance that she's hiding somewhere, and I hope you find her soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your prayers and good vibes. Still no Tiger. My husband and I have combed the woods around our house. We did find a clump of fur that might have been hers. There were only about 40 hairs so it actually gave me some hope since usually coyotes leave more remains around.
I'll keep you posted. I am putting signs up and checking shelters and online postings. I go out all times of the day and night and call for her. There aren't that many houses on our street so not many garages to check.
My other cat was trapped under our house for about 7 days about 8 years ago so I am well aware how easily they can become trapped. I think he must have been chased under there because I called and called for him and he never came. Finally after a week he decided to start scratching to get out.

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Tiger comes home safely and quickly. I hope this is a lesson. Cats do not belong outside. The human has the power to open and close teh door, not the cat. A cat cannot go outside if you don't let it out.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fosterkitty

I hope Tiger comes home safely and quickly. I hope this is a lesson. Cats do not belong outside. The human has the power to open and close teh door, not the cat. A cat cannot go outside if you don't let it out.
I personally find these comments very offensive and unhelpful - all my 4 cats go out and two of them are 13yrs old and they all manage very well thankyou very much ! Please try to be aware that in certain situations people do and can let their cats out and that in certain situations cats can and do get out of houses too.

I am sending lots of come home quickly ((((
vibes
))))) for your sweet Tiger !

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I personally find these comments very offensive and unhelpful - all my 4 cats go out and two of them are 13yrs old and they all manage very well thankyou very much ! Please try to be aware that in certain situations people do and can let their cats out and that in certain situations cat can and do get out of houses too.

I am sending lots of come home quickly ((((
vibes
))))) for your sweet Tiger !
Well said.

meower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Foster Kitty - I have had three cats where I live, two of the cats only go out a little bit when I am sitting outside. Having adopted Tiger at 13 years old, she has been very set in her ways. She contantly bolted outside when any of our 5 family members and their friends opened the door. She grew up being an outdoor cat somewhere else and it is "in" her to be outside. I can't tell you how many times I had to lure her inside with food after she had escaped. Your comment is totally inappropriate in my thread.

meower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had search and rescue dogs come over today to try and help with finding Tiger. The dogs went all over and indicated the cat was alive. The dogs indicated the cat walked up the street the trail ends which means the cat was picked up or jumped in a car. If a cat is attacked or killed apparantly the dogs can smell it. They gave the sign that Tiger was alive. The dogs are also used in human searches.
Don't know if it accurate but it is all I have to go on.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meower

I had search and rescue dogs come over today to try and help with finding Tiger. The dogs went all over and indicated the cat was alive. The dogs indicated the cat walked up the street the trail ends which means the cat was picked up or jumped in a car. If a cat is attacked or killed apparantly the dogs can smell it. They gave the sign that Tiger was alive. The dogs are also used in human searches.
Don't know if it accurate but it is all I have to go on.
That sounds like a good sign. I hope Tiger comes home soon. It sounds like you are doing everything you can.