Any CSI fans out there?

angi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the process of moving from So. CA to So. WI!!
I love CSI!
I was satisfied with the season finale, thought it was interesting they made the killer a woman. I did hate that they put Sarah under the car, then end the season though. I also watch CSI: NY, which I thought had the best season finale of any show I watched. Not into CSI: Miami much.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i like it, but it's opposite something else i watch, so i'm watching it in reruns. so i don't know about the finale. but i only like the original, not either of the spin-offs... i don't know why

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a TV set for over a year now, so I only get to see the news (with my parents), and that's it... but back when I was living like a 51-year-old woman should, I was crazy about CSI: Miami! Never cared much for CSI: Vegas, because I don't care for the city itself... and although I adore Gary Sinise, I never really got involved in CSI: NY, either.

I think CSI: Miami appeals to me because I still have a special place in my heart for David Caruso, from his time as Sipowicz's original partner on NYPD Blue. What an amazing period that was! He and Sipowicz had such an intense and complex relationship. So when I used to watch CSI: Miami, I always thought of Caruso's character as that same character from NYPD Blue, in the next phase of his life. Kept expecting ol' Sipowicz to show up in Miami one day in a Hawaiian shirt.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a huge CSI fan. Though I didn't start watching it until a couple seasons into the show. I was in my "not interested in TV" phase at that time. I have managed to catch up with it through reruns though. I swear there is some kind of "CSI" episode be it Las Vega, Miami or NY pretty much every hour on various channels here. And on weekends it's insane. It seems every time you look at the guide there is a CSI show on of some kind, lol

I like the Miami one too, but not so much the NY one. Initially the characters in the NY one were too much like work drones, and too serious and never smiled or laughed, and the writers weren't taking time to develope the characters at all beyond them being work drones.

But that seems to be slowly changing. Plus they eased up on the black filter they use on the lights which has helped. It was always so hard to see because it was too dark even when they were outside. I do love the music though. I'm a huge fan of "metal" and hard rock and the music in that show kicks butt!!!

Speaking of filteres on lights....the yellow ones for the Miami show have to go!!! Everything looks yellow or orange or green....and way too neon. I much preferred the look of the show from a lighting perspective in the earlier seasons than the last couple.

I have no complaints about CSI Las Vegas though. Great show all around. Lights, stories, character development...it's very well rounded.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Angi

I love CSI!
I was satisfied with the season finale, thought it was interesting they made the killer a woman. I did hate that they put Sarah under the car, then end the season though. I also watch CSI: NY, which I thought had the best season finale of any show I watched. Not into CSI: Miami much.
That was a neat ep.
But putting Sarah under the car creased me.

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

I'm sorry, I don't like CSI Vegas. I am a huge fan of CSI Miami and CSI NY.
I am a CSI NY geek, along with a Vegas one.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fan of the original. We watch "miami" because there is nothing else on, and I am usually doing my meds by then (stuck in my recliner
).

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE CSI
CSI Miami is my favorite, then CSI (the regular one in las vegas), then CSI New York.

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I am a fan of the original. We watch "miami" because there is nothing else on, and I am usually doing my meds by then (stuck in my recliner
).
The original rocks most. No questioning me.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I haven't had a TV set for over a year now, so I only get to see the news (with my parents), and that's it... but back when I was living like a 51-year-old woman should, I was crazy about CSI: Miami! Never cared much for CSI: Vegas, because I don't care for the city itself... and although I adore Gary Sinise, I never really got involved in CSI: NY, either.

I think CSI: Miami appeals to me because I still have a special place in my heart for David Caruso, from his time as Sipowicz's original partner on NYPD Blue. What an amazing period that was! He and Sipowicz had such an intense and complex relationship. So when I used to watch CSI: Miami, I always thought of Caruso's character as that same character from NYPD Blue, in the next phase of his life. Kept expecting ol' Sipowicz to show up in Miami one day in a Hawaiian shirt.

You posted what I was thinking!

I watch CSI too and I was kind of shocked at the ending, it definatly left us hanging. I was also surprised the killer was a girl. I didn't see that coming.

I am never up late enough to watch them so my mom records the entire season and then I do a Sunday CSI marathon

We just got CSI NY from the library not long ago and I think it was great. I just bought CSI NY second season and can't wait for it to come in.

I don't think I ever watched CSI Las Vegas. I didn't even know there was one

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love CSI. I got tired of CSI: Miami because the storylines just kept getting dumber and dumber (I'm sorry, but last season [or the season before] when Horatio and Delco investigated Delco's sister's death ... who was incidentally also Horatio's fiancee ... yeah, that would never happen. Talk about conflict of interest there!), and David Caruso just seems like a walking parody of himself nowadays ... I love CSI: NY, but it's on too late for me to watch it and I'm too lazy to tape it.

I was, however, very disappointed in the season finale for CSI: Las Vegas. There had been spoilers that the Miniature Killer was actually one of the team, and my fiance I were trying to figure out who it was (our bets were on the coroner's assistant), and then they decided that no, it was this random chick we'd never met before (but she's actually one of the team, because she's been a janitor for the past month! oooh, plot twist!). Yeah, that cheesed me off. It would've been cooler if the killer had been Hodges or David or heck, even Sarah. And I could honestly care less if Sarah Sidle lives or dies; I think the whole romance with Grissom just seems tacked-on at this point (they had chemistry before; they don't have chemistry now and it just feels forced). This was not one of their better seasons, IMO.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, you mentioned the look of the shows, and that's a big part of it for me, too! I only saw the first season of NY, and it was so bleak and depressing... whereas Miami (at that time, anyway) lifted my spirits just looking at it! Well... that, plus that fabulous opening music... "YEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!"

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely watch NY, but watch Miami and Las Vegas. The finale to Las Vegas did seem like such a let down as far as story lines... and well Miami is more entertainment than anything else

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not a big miami fan, but I do sometimes watch it.
Like when Calleigh got shot.