TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Dyson Animal vac poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dyson Animal vac poll

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Inspired by Gingersmom's latest purchase, I'd like to hear from everyone who owns one what they think of theirs. I showed the pics to my DH and he commented that he had heard mixed reviews on it, but if it's really that good, he'll consider getting one.

So on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being love it and 5 being hate it, what do you think of yours?
post #2 of 27
I don't have one, but while I've heard mixed reviews, I'm impressed by what I've seen.

Here are some links to some reviews for the vacuum:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Dyson_...nimal__5325474

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...ers/index.html

http://www.amazon.com/tag/dyson%20animal%20review

http://products.howstuffworks.com/dy...c07-review.htm

.
.
.
.
post #3 of 27
DH and I both love ours, We sometimes argue over who gets to vacuum...because we both want to use it.

The only thing I recommend is to check the brushes once in a while if anyone in the household has long hair. I had to cut a lot of MY hair off from around the brushes, lol.
post #4 of 27
i havent gotten one yet, but my aunt did, and she LOVES it!! i cant wait to get one. I bought a Bissell Turbo in the meantime, and i cannot BELIEVE the amount of hair my old vacume was missing!!
post #5 of 27
We love ours. It's the only vacuum we've had that's been able to handle the tumbleweeds of animal hair that accumulate around here. I put a 1 but considered a 2....we don't have issues per se, but it doesn't do as well on upholstry. However, I suspect that has more to do with my needing to go and buy the right attachment. Either way, it's been great having it. We use it on our bare floors and on the rugs by the doors, where the animals like to snooze.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
The only thing I recommend is to check the brushes once in a while if anyone in the household has long hair. I had to cut a lot of MY hair off from around the brushes, lol.
Thank you, I have very long hair, so I'll do just that.
post #7 of 27
Not only am I shocked at the amount of hair it picks up, but I am amazed at the amount of dust it picks up as well. I cannot believe how much dust there was in the carpet! The floor looks SO clean now, and it is perfect timing because the owner is flying down tomorrow to have a look at the house. Whew!

I actually feel sick at the amount of dust it has picked up. No wonder I am always sneezing at home!!
post #8 of 27
I'm dying to get one but can't quite afford it yet (not having a job will do that sometimes... lol), and my parents don't quite believe that a $500 can be THAT good, lol
post #9 of 27
The first time I used mine, it made my rugs look brand new all over again! I absolutely LOVE mine!
post #10 of 27
I purchased mine back in ’04 and felt it was well worth it. I figure we probably save money considering how many bags we would have gone through normally with a larger number of animals. I did have a few problems the first year with it occasionally making a horrible grinding noise, but was very impressed with their customer service department. A live person answered the phone and spent a long time on the phone talking me through how to fix the problem. I have not had any problems with it since then, nor has my sister that has the regular model.

The one thing I wish I would have done differently is actually compare the different models before purchasing mine- the only difference was in the attachments and the crappy cleaning solution that was included at the time(that stained my carpet ). I was not that impressed with the extra attachments though and would have been better off just getting the regular model.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
The first time I used mine, it made my rugs look brand new all over again! I absolutely LOVE mine!


Just kidding, I don't own one..I live vicariously through Pam
post #12 of 27
never even heard of it.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post


Just kidding, I don't own one..I live vicariously through Pam
post #14 of 27
I'm sure I'm repeating myself here, but...

1 black lab/greyhound mix + 1 newfoundland/black lab mix = tons of black hair on a beige carpet

This is the only vacuum I've ever owned that has been able to keep up with Boo's long Newfie hair. And even though I plan on getting rid of my carpet (I just prefer wood floors)... the Dyson is keeping it looking new while it's still here.

Would I buy another one? In. A. Heartbeat.
post #15 of 27
I want one soooo bad!! But right now I have a Hoover ErmPower and I adore it...so until that dies, I'm saving up for my Dyson Animal

And I'll live vicariously thru all of you who have one!

(By the way, you can all come and use it on my carpets ANYTIME! )
post #16 of 27
It's awesome I love it
post #17 of 27
Well, it looks pretty cut and dry - the Dyson rocks :p When have you ever seen so many people get excited about a VACUUM CLEANER????
post #18 of 27
Want one! Want one!
post #19 of 27
I liked ours when we first had ours, but after a year or more, it doesn't seem to suck up stuff as well. Feels like some of the suction has been lost. Maybe it just needs a very thorough cleaning, but at this point, I am clueless.
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
I liked ours when we first had ours, but after a year or more, it doesn't seem to suck up stuff as well. Feels like some of the suction has been lost. Maybe it just needs a very thorough cleaning, but at this point, I am clueless.
In the instructions it says that you HAVE to clean and wash the filter about every 6 weeks or so. If you have never done so, then you'll definitely see a drop in suction.
post #21 of 27
I have been looking to get a new vaccuum so now I know what to look for!
post #22 of 27
I now absolutely need this vacuum!!

BF will never go for it though... we have all wood floors
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie225 View Post
I now absolutely need this vacuum!!

BF will never go for it though... we have all wood floors
I don't have wood floors (...yet! but so help me I'll get 'em somehow! ) but I can tell you it works fantastic on linoleum.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom View Post
I don't have wood floors (...yet! but so help me I'll get 'em somehow! ) but I can tell you it works fantastic on linoleum.
Looks like I have an argument to work on
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
In the instructions it says that you HAVE to clean and wash the filter about every 6 weeks or so. If you have never done so, then you'll definitely see a drop in suction.
OOps. I've had mine for a year. Guess I should clean it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
DH and I both love ours, We sometimes argue over who gets to vacuum...because we both want to use it.

The only thing I recommend is to check the brushes once in a while if anyone in the household has long hair. I had to cut a lot of MY hair off from around the brushes, lol.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorda View Post
I purchased mine back in ’04 and felt it was well worth it. I figure we probably save money considering how many bags we would have gone through normally with a larger number of animals. I did have a few problems the first year with it occasionally making a horrible grinding noise, but was very impressed with their customer service department. A live person answered the phone and spent a long time on the phone talking me through how to fix the problem. I have not had any problems with it since then, nor has my sister that has the regular model.

.
I agree. Had the same noise and similar helpful customer service.



YOu guys have inspired me. Think I'll go clean my filter right now! Thanks Betsy.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
YOu guys have inspired me. Think I'll go clean my filter right now! Thanks Betsy.
You're welcome!

My instructions say to rinse it really good under the faucet and then to let it dry for a MINIMUM of 12 hours before reassembling.

Let us know how it works afterward!
post #27 of 27
Got mine as a Christmas present and I love it! It picks up cat hair like no other vacum I've ever had. I'll never use any other vacum again!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Dyson Animal vac poll