songs stuck in my head

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i HATE it when songs get stuck in my head, especially when they aren't available for purchase......

i have not in nottingham from disney's robin hood stuck in my head....does anyone have this lp? I think this is my favorite disney movie of all time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I seem to get songs stuck in my head a lot, too. The only thing that works for me is to listen to and start singing a different song, more like a rotation than getting rid of it.
guess i have to find another song - any suggestions for songs that aren't too annoying

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that problem all the time! Right now I have the new song by Amy Winehouse- Rehab stuck in my head!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no...the WORST is getting the Ice Cream Man's song stuck in your head!!! You know, kinda out of tune, like an old music box, sorta like a demented clown is stuck in your head, LOL!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a program last night called Fat Girl Speaks. They did a dedication for a size-acceptance activist who died earlier this year. Their song, which they asked the audience to stand and sing along with, was "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen. Have had it stuck in my head all day! Good song though

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I went to a program last night called Fat Girl Speaks. They did a dedication for a size-acceptance activist who died earlier this year. Their song, which they asked the audience to stand and sing along with, was "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen. Have had it stuck in my head all day! Good song though
Fat bottomed girls? How very odd.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of months ago I woke up one morning with Cheap Trick's Dream Police stuck in my head. Rather random considering it had probably been 10-13 years since I had last heard that song.

Originally Posted by Renovia

i HATE it when songs get stuck in my head, especially when they aren't available for purchase......

i have not in nottingham from disney's robin hood stuck in my head....does anyone have this lp? I think this is my favorite disney movie of all time.
Is it not in any of the disney collections? Or maybe you can find the original lp on ebay sometime?

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get addicted to songs so easily. Right now it's Freebird by Lynard Skynard. I don't have a worst song to get stuck in my head. What's really bad is to wake up and have a song stuck in your head. Then you have to live with that song all day and it can make you go crazy trying to get rid of it. The easiest way for me to get rid of songs is to have a huge playlist with a bunch of songs and then add the song you have stuck in your head. Then play the song that's stuck in your head and let the playlist randomly choose the next song. Also play a thinking game like minesweeper or solitaire while this is happening. It helps your brain let the song slip out.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Mama by Chemical romance stuck in my head for days....I watched a Sopranos marathon and they played it every time it was time for a commercial.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think they have it on lp (robin hood) at ebay..... skipidy do dah....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*cracks up* You people at TCS never fail to make me laugh!

Generally I'll just hear a song (I listen to my radio ALLLL day!) and then it gets stuck in my head. I hate it when it's something like "I'll Take That As A Yes" by Phil Vassar, or "Pickin Wildflowers" by Keith Anderson-- DIRTY SONGS! But usually it's a Taylor Swift song... like "Cold As You", "Your Beautiful", "A Place In This World".... love that CD!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the song, the lion sleeps tonight in my head currently. I will sing it forever untill i hear a another song that gets stuck in my head, and then the circle keeps going... I'm always humming or singing something stuck in my head. i hate it...

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keisha-- same here! It's an endless "Round Robin" of songs! Today it is... "Cadillac Ranch" by Chris LeDoux. Well, if you're gonna have a song lodged in your head, may as well be a LeDoux!
"...there's a bar in the barn and the place stays packed ... till the cows come home at Cadillac Ranch..."

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have the hampster dance in my head now....i haven't even heard it in a long time, ........ugh