Lots of news!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww i've missed TCS for the past few days!!! (and well, the internet
) our internet connection was lost in the storm we had on Friday so it's just now back up again. Lots has happened.

Colin just left a little while ago to go out of town to Mobile to see his family. I normally go with him, but this time i wasn't able to get time off work so i stayed home with the furbabies. I really wanted to go see his family (i love them to pieces- they're soo great to me too!) but i guess i will have to wait until the next time. In the mean time though i'm all by myself till the 15th so i think i will bring home a few extra foster babies from the shelter this week while Colin's gone
(what he doesn't know won't hurt him
and it'll make a little room in the shelter for a few days.) My best friend is comming to stay with me tonight and probably a few more nights next week- i think we'll watch some chick flicks and cook yummy dinners and just do our nails/etc I'm also planning on picking up my nieces/nephews one or two days while i'm off work and letting them spin the night- i think i'll make cookies and all that too! How fun!

Quick update on my foster animals- Norris gets his stitches out on Wednesday from the amputation
I'm soo excited!! No more E-collar for him after that- we will work on strenghtening the rest of his body and he will finally be able to play with the rest of my animals and run around as much as he wants / Fancy,my foster kitten did not weigh enough on Thrs. when i took her to the shelter to see if we could spay her yet- so i think in the next week or two she should get a bit of weight on her and be ready to be fixed and be placed up for adoption

Also- this week my sister Kimmy and her family decided to open up their home and become a foster family for the shelter i work at!!!! They are now fostering one of the dogs who has been there quite a while and just love her!! Yesterday they brought her over to my house and i groomed her (she's part chow chow and had horrid matts!) She is doing just lovely with them too! Loves kids and other animals, knows all her commands/etc...she just got overlooked at the shelter because she's a large black dog just like many other ones. She's such an amazing pup though- they truely saved her life!!
They are thinking about adopting her too so that's awesome!!

Also- more good news- one of my favorite volunteers that helps us at the shelter is talking with her family about adopting both Jimbo and Wren!!!!! (Jimbo as most of you know is the brindle pit bull at our shelter that i absolutely love to pieces!!!! and Wren is a sweetheart too!) Keep your fingers crossed- they're supposed to let us know tomorrow!

Jasmine my torti-point siamese - she' still not feeling too good. I took her to the vet last week and found out she had a lower uti so she's been on medicine for it. Hopefully she'll feel better soon (and stop going potty outside of the litter pan while she's at it
)

And even better news- Colin gave me the ok to redo our guest bathroom!!!!
I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!! One of my nieces/nephews best friends has a dad who owns a painting company. (i watch the little guy all the time- very sweet kid!) So i am going to call his dad tomorrow and see if he can come out sometime this week to give me an estimate and hopefully paint the bathroom while Colin's gone. Home Depot has a sale on pain too so that's just perfect timing!!! I'm thinking of doing it in a very lovely shade of crimson red. I'll have to take pictures!!!

So yeah...lol ya'll are going to have to keep me company while Colin is going- i miss him already!!! (we're always together so it's weird when we're apart! at least it's only for a few days!!!!)

Did i mention- i think it's also semi-annual sale time for victorias secret, yankee candle, and bath and body works
(hehe glad i saved a little $ for that! I think i'll do a little shopping while he's gone too
)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki,

May I say I love your attitude? Your approach to life seems to be always finding the bright side of things, and your notes are up and bubbly...I love reading/catching up on your news

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very happy to hear Norris is doing well after his surgery. Glad your having such a good time while the man is out of town, enjoy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Nikki,

May I say I love your attitude? Your approach to life seems to be always finding the bright side of things, and your notes are up and bubbly...I love reading/catching up on your news
Ditto that!

I wish I had 1/2 of the energy that you have!

Glad to hear that Norris is doing well. He is such a little trooper.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad you're back StaRryEyedTiGer! You always seem to put up lively, thoughtful posts!!
Hope the storm didn't mess up the house or yard too much. Please post new pics of Norris (and Jasmine! sending banish
-the-UTI-vibes her way!) when you get the chance...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh pleeeease, may I come up and snuggle the extra fosters and participate in all the girly stuff with you and your friend? It sounds like so much fun!

Have a wonderful time... and I think a red bathroom would be gorgeous... and I'm so glad for Norris being on his way to well... thanks for such a happy update!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki,

Aww thanks Pat
I was starting to feel like my last few posts earlier in the week in the pl were a bit depressing (but a lot has happened this week! i'm trying to focus on the good stuff though!
) how are things going with you??

Originally Posted by LaRussa

I am very happy to hear Norris is doing well after his surgery. Glad your having such a good time while the man is out of town, enjoy.
Thankyou!
It seems like he's just getting better and better with each new day!! I love him to pieces!!! Hehe and yes, i'm definitely going to try and have a good time with my friends/family while Colin's gone to keep myself distracted- i'm really missing him!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Ditto that!

I wish I had 1/2 of the energy that you have!

Glad to hear that Norris is doing well. He is such a little trooper.
Thankyou
And yes, Norris is definitely a little trooper- i really admire that dog too- all he's been though recently and he's still has the best temperment- he's amazing!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OT - I just notice that you have almost 32,000 points. How on earth?
I have no idea
I just seem to forget about my post/points sometimes! now that you point it out i think i will be doing a little vbPlaza shopping soon!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Sounds like you have plenty to stay busy while he's gone! Please give that sweetie Norris a little kiss from me.
Aww i'll definitely give Norris a kiss for you too!

Originally Posted by whiskerynature

Glad you're back StaRryEyedTiGer! You always seem to put up lively, thoughtful posts!! Hope the storm didn't mess up the house or yard too much. Please post new pics of Norris (and Jasmine! sending banish -the-UTI-vibes her way!) when you get the chance...
Actually- it's our shingles i'm worried about- we seem to have lost a few on the same side of the house that we lost some off of the last few times it's stormed. Luckily though- there is two layers of shingles- the last time the roof was redone by the previous owners they left the old layer under the new one- so thank goodness! otherwise we'd have some leaks
so hopefully we will be able to get the roof redone soon. Jasmine definitely needs those vibes too- she's felt pretty bad this week. My mom came over for a bit tonight though and played with them so i think that cheered her up a bit (the kitty treats helped too
) And i will see about borrowing my mom or colin's digital camera soon so i can get some new pictures of the furbabies!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh pleeeease, may I come up and snuggle the extra fosters and participate in all the girly stuff with you and your friend? It sounds like so much fun!

Have a wonderful time... and I think a red bathroom would be gorgeous... and I'm so glad for Norris being on his way to well... thanks for such a happy update!
I wish you lived closer! You'd definitely be welcome to come over
/ And thankyou- i am very happy too that Norris is doing sooo much better! I can't wait till i can take his stitches out so he can run and play like he's wanting too! I've been taking him for car rides all week (he's soooo spoiled) and he's gone to the park to help me feed the ducks too
He loves that! / I'm hoping the bathroom turns out well!! I'll definitely take pictures when it's all done and i can borrow a camera!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Norris
I am so excited for the litle guy to get his stitches out too!! I hope he adapts well
I'm sure the little trooper will

Welcome back girl!

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Nikki,

I second that remark!
I am glad to hear Norris is doing better, too.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can I come stay over too???

Have tons of fun Nikki. I'm sending mega {{{adoption vibes}}} for Jimbo, I know how badly you want him placed!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have some nice plans for the next couple of days!
I'm glad that you will have plenty to do, but that you will also take time out for the furbabies and for yourself and family. Sounds like a lot of good things are coming your way.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki,

I agree

Do a little shopping at those semi-annual sales! They have GREAT deals!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww Norris I am so excited for the litle guy to get his stitches out too!! I hope he adapts well. I'm sure the little trooper will

Welcome back girl!
Thankyou Natalie!
He seems to already be adapting pretty well. The only thing i've noticed is he seems to have a bit of that "phantom limb" syndrome going on- he still seems to have sensations/etc in that area that they amputated. He lifts his little nub of a hip up like he's trying to scratch his ears- it's kinda cute
so everytime i think about it - i give him lots of head scratches on that side of his face since he can't scratch those itches.

Originally Posted by SammyMyKitten

I second that remark!
I am glad to hear Norris is doing better, too.
Thankyou

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Can I come stay over too???

Have tons of fun Nikki. I'm sending mega {{{adoption vibes}}} for Jimbo, I know how badly you want him placed!!
Hehe Natalie- you're welcome here anytime girl!
And yes- i am wanting Jimbo to get placed into a wonderful home VERY SOON!! I pray they come in tomorrow and decide to take him and Wren. If he doesn't go home tomorrow- i'm going to try and take Jimbo home with me just for a few days while Colin is gone to at least get him out of the shelter and work with him for a bit. I really want to adopt him myself....but right now i just can't, so i'm going everything in my power to try and find the right home for him.

Originally Posted by Duchess15

Sounds like you have some nice plans for the next couple of days! I'm glad that you will have plenty to do, but that you will also take time out for the furbabies and for yourself and family. Sounds like a lot of good things are coming your way.
I have it somewhat planned out! Aside from a bunch of boring errands i have a few good plans in mind. Tonight my mom and I went and got Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup- Colin's half Vietnamese so we eat a ton of it - love that stuff!!!). It was her first time learning how to use chop sticks so that was kind of funny.
I think she liked it though- we had a good time. After that my best friend and I got some ice cream (i figured out the trick for me!!! 2 lactaid pills don't work for me- but if i take 3- i don't get as many symptoms
) and watched a movie back at my house then went to walgreens (i dunno we're weird
) I just brushed all the furbabies for the night and got everyone settled in so i think we'll all be going to bed soon (i have to be at work at 7:00)

Originally Posted by babyharley

I agree

Do a little shopping at those semi-annual sales! They have GREAT deals!!
Oh Kenzie- no doubt about that!!! I'm definitely going to hit some of those sales!!
I try to only shop in those stores (try being the key word
) during those 2x's a year when they have the semi-annual sales so that i stock up and save money that way. I save ahead for those things

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Sounds to me like there needs to be a virtual party at Nikki's house.
it'd be boring
i'm slowly falling asleep (should be going to bed soon!) and all of the furbabies are dozing off as well.
tomorrow we will all have to have a big ole' party when i get off work though

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammyMyKitten

I wanna steal Norris!
*melts of cuteness overdose*
it's too bad you don't live closer! he will be needing a loving home to go to when he's finished up here