I did it! I took the Dyson Challenge! (Pics!)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I got it worked out once I printed the manual from the Dysaon website.

First, here's a picture of the reason WHY my rugs get so filthy:

He is mostly fur!!!

Here's a pic of the challengers:

On the left is the Dyson DC 14, and on the right is the Sears Kenmore Whispertone 12.0 canister vac that has served me faithfully for over a decade. (I bought it for a steal, as it was the previous year's floor model. I think I paid 50% original cost.
)

Here is the BEFORE picture of the nasty, filthy dirty rug:

Here's the rug after I vacuumed it with the old Kenmore. THis is what I've been living with as "clean" since getting Ferris
:

And here is the rug AFTER using the Dyson!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, now that's something I didn't want to see. Scratch is built just like Ferris, and I know when we get our Dyson that the same thing is going to happen. For now I will live in my fantasy world that my current vacuum is doing a wonderful job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can you believe it???

I think I'll get be getting my money's worth from my splurge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm still in shock.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did the same thing when we got ours! For us, though, Max sheds more than all the cats put together, so dog fur overshadows the cat fur. Now, I just need to find a good upholstry attachment so that I can get the same result on "the dog's couch".

Congrats on the dyson. I'm glad you got it working.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
........ and look at Ferris!!!! when did he get so big???? He looks so GORGEOUS Betsy!!!!!!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have decided to make that my first investment when I live somewhere that has carpets... That is really worth the price... which model is that? I was looking at their website... is it the animal?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW!!! :shock:

It's amazing how much it sucks up - the rug looks like new again! And I can/t believe how big Ferris is!!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I already have a Sears cannister (like yours), a Simplicity upright (paid a lot for it) and a whole house vac system. The whole house vac works worse than the Sears, which is about half as good as the Simplicity. I only use the Sears for bare floors and the central vac for the basement. The Simplicity does most of the carpet in the house.

But after seeing your challenge pics, can everyone send vibes my way that the Simplicity breaks once and for all? I want a Dyson animal vac and I can't justify a 4th vac!!!

Start a chant please: Break Simplicity Break!! Break Simplicity Break!!

Congratulations on your splurge!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
As soon as one of my vacuums go (being lazy, I've got one per floor), I'm going to get the Dyson Animal!

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow thats amazing, and weneed another vacumm too, hmm... I think i'm gonna talk my step-dad into getting one for my mom.....then i can use it!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! That makes a HUGE difference. I have a question - since NZ doesn't have the Dyson Animal, I have to go with the next best thing. I am looking at the DC14Y and the DC15RD - Does the animal vacuum brushbar use suction or motor to move? This will help me decide on which one to buy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

WOW!!! :shock:

It's amazing how much it sucks up - the rug looks like new again! And I can/t believe how big Ferris is!!!!
Ditto that!

Have you tried it on your furniture?

I've been thinking of getting a new vacuum because my Fantom Fury seems to be slowly winding itself down. The dirt cannister cracked several years ago in a place that could only have been because of a defect, but the cannister was not covered under the warranty. I put some duct tape over the crack so that the suction is maintained. Now I notice that the hose is cracked near the end where the metal wands fit into the hose, so I have duct tape around there to plug up the tear. And I seem to be going through a belt or two per month for the past 6 months or so.

I"m going to start squirreling away some money each month and hopefully in 4 or 5 months I will be able to get a new vacuum. Seeing what that Dyson Animal vacuum does that may very well be my next vacuum if they are still available when the time comes to buy one.