The new Dyson: Problems out of the box

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just took it out of the box and started to put it together.

First problem: The owner's manual is for the Dyson DC 15, and NOT the DC 14that I purchased.

I can't get it all set up and start using it because I can NOT figure out what all the parts are and how to tilt the handle back, etc., etc.

I'm NOT happy about this at all - I have emailed the eBay seller that I bought it through and am waiting for a response.

I tried calling the "We are open 7 days" number on the vacuum itself only to get an "our offices are closed" recording.

Now I don't know what to do.
I just spent $400 for something I can't even set up to see if it works.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that sucks!!
I hope you get ahold of the seller & get everything figured out! Spending that kind of money, you should be able to use it!!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll be ok!

First go here
Click on DC14
Then click on the type of DC14 you have
Then click on the top link for DC14 User Guide.

HTH!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THanks, people. Now I have the manual, but those snap on attachments still don't snap on - not sure how I'll store them without misplacing them if I can't keep them attached to the body.

I figured out you just step on the front to release it...jammed my thumb but good trying to release the wand tool...yeah, not having any fun yet.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lois got a new vacuum recently and ended up taking it back. I think it might have been a Dyson....
Maybe she will shed some light on it....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

THanks, people. Now I have the manual, but those snap on attachments still don't snap on - not sure how I'll store them without misplacing them if I can't keep them attached to the body.

I figured out you just step on the front to release it...jammed my thumb but good trying to release the wand tool...yeah, not having any fun yet.
Do you have a broom closet? If so put in one of those screw-hooks on the back or side wall and then you can keep the attachments in a fabric shoe or lunch bag and hang it from the hook. That's what I do with the brush attachments for my floor cleaning machine. I also have a fabric bag for my vacuum accessories such as belts, manual and tools that no longer fit on my vacuum because of broken placement mounts.