Downloaded songs from the other side

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just opened up my iTunes to listen to some music off of a cd when I noticed a new playlist on the left side column. It's titled "Laurel's Limewire Tunes" and there are 582 songs on it. My auntie Laurel died overnight on the 3rd-4th and she had never used my computer to download songs. Just last night I was checking out all the songs I'd downloaded from Limewire and there were about thirty. I asked everyone and nobody had used my computer to download songs or had plugged anything into my USB cord. How could 582 songs suddenly appear on my computer? There isn't an MP3 player plugged in and the only CD that's in my computer is one that has been in there since last weekend. Weird, huh? You'd think I would have noticed there were hundreds of songs on my computer... they weren't there earlier today.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look over the list and it doesn't seem to be accidental duplications or some kind of glitch... then I'd say you have a gift from Auntie Laurel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay my uncle Richard and I just looked at my computer. It says the songs weren't downloaded and they weren't ripped off a CD. We managed to find when they were added to my computer and it said 4:38 pm. My cousins and one of my brothers got home just before four and we were the only ones home. I was on my computer until about 4 pm and turned off the monitor and had a nap. The last time I looked at the clock was around quarter after four. The songs are on my hard drive, all 2 gbs of them, and they play when I click on them.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

So, do you know who put them on there then?
Nope. I was in my room by myself when the songs were supposedly added to my computer. I wasn't even on my computer; I was trying to have a nap. The songs play when I press play but I searched for them on my harddrive but couldn't find a thing.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of the playlist. Note how it says all of the songs were added at the same time today: 4:38 pm. I'm wondering how nearly 600 songs could be added on here without my computer blowing up!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woah -- look at the first several songs listed there... all songs about leaving, being apart... I mean, for pete's sake, "Let Me Go" and "When I'm Gone?" And then later, "Thinking Of You," "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," "I'm With You," "My Happy Ending"... songs of reassurance and dedication.

Now, I could be reading a lot into these titles, of course. The way to test that is pick a few pages of random playlists and see if those titles can also be read as messages from a loved one who has just passed on. If so, then this probably means nothing.

But as I understand it, spirits often do use electronic methods of contacting us...

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Woah -- look at the first several songs listed there... all songs about leaving, being apart... I mean, for pete's sake, "Let Me Go" and "When I'm Gone?" And then later, "Thinking Of You," "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," "I'm With You," "My Happy Ending"... songs of reassurance and dedication.

Now, I could be reading a lot into these titles, of course. The way to test that is pick a few pages of random playlists and see if those titles can also be read as messages from a loved one who has just passed on. If so, then this probably means nothing.

But as I understand it, spirits often do use electronic methods of contacting us...
A lot of the songs on the playlist are titled like that--same with songs I have on my playlists.
I forgot to mention this... two of my auntie's friends got emails from Laurel either last night or today. It was one of those online card things... but of course, I was looking for a plausible explanation, and said, "maybe she put what date they were to be sent on before she died".

I posted this on my Livejournal and someone said, "That is freaky. But I know you can share music through iTunes, we used to do that at work. Do you have that feature turned on? Because I'm thinking that maybe somehow, someone figured out how to "share" their music with you."

But like I said, there were only three other people at the house at that time and I questioned them along with everyone else.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in case, since you mentioned limewire, do a very thorough virus scan.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay we think know how it was sent... somebody must have clicked "share library" or something and then shared it to everyone else in the house.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend that passed away 6-6-97. About the same time he died, his friends started having lights go on or off in their houses. I lost a ring at his funeral. and it turned up 5 years later 1200 miles away from where I lost it, on the 3rd anniversary of his death. This year my hair dryer kept turning itself on. If I forget the date, I get this overwhelming desire for pink roses. A scraggly rosebush with one huge rose turned up in my yard when we returned from his funeral. It is kinda nice to know George is still around, pranking his friends.