Yummy Fruit Salad...Your Ingredients would be

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn't resist stopping at the local Farmer's Market on my way home from work tonight. I had been craving fruit salad
all day so made a very yummy one for dinner.
Mine included mango, watermelon, cherries, peaches, bananas and kiwi.
What would you put in your fruit salad if you were making one?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just make basic...

Banana, apple, orange, pear, grapes. Maybe nectarines but not usually.

I like to eat watermelon by itself.....*licks lips* yummmy!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just made a fruit salad last night for John... well, Snickers salad, with a few twists!

I used a bowl of Cool Whip, and a packet of Instant Vanilla pudding, and mixed them together. Then I added mandiran oranges, grapes, apples and I cut up miniature Snickers into 1/4ths and mixed it all up. He looooves it, and the chocolate gives it an extra kick

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We like the fruit cocktail, coconut, whip cream and marshmellows all mixed together. Also throw in some extra pieces of orange or tangerine, apples, and bananas.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries -- I never met a berry I didn't like! Plus some fresh peaches cut into chunks, and a sprinkling of brown sugar, all tossed together... a little whipped cream on the side for dipping...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like mine tropical - papaya, pineapple, mango and some kind of melon. Yummy with a side of ice cream (the papaya & pineapple contain fat busting enzymes, so you can eat as much ice cream as you want with it).

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are extremely fortunate here that in the summer we have beautiful ripe local fruit: cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries... I like to add green grapes and oranges or mango for more color. A crisp apple adds a nice crunch. I also like nuts in my fruit salad but no one else here does.

The best fruit dressing is so simple. Just mix a cup of sour cream with 2-3 Tablespoons honey. I like buying local honey. Mmmm!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strawberries, raspberries, cherris, apples, oranges, & green & red grapes!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like more of an Ambrosia fruit salad.

2 cans pineapple chunks, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 jars maraschino, drained
1 can coconut flakes
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
4 oz. sour cream
16 oz. Cool Whip

Combine sour cream and Cool Whip. Fold in all other ingredients. Chill covered for at least 2 hours.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got some of the best fruit tonight, I ate so much of it for dinner. Fruit is my favorite food of all time - fresh and in season. I am lucky to live not too far from a farmers market. Fresh peaches, pears, cherries, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, fresh crisp small red apple, and grapefruit sounds about right for a nice fruit salad.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A typical fruit salad on my table has:
*something tropical -- mango, usually, but could be papaya
*something citrus -- orange, grapefruit, mandarins
*apple
*banana
*whatever berries are nice, or cherries, or kiwi fruit, or melon
*a small can of pineapple tidbits in juice (as much for the juice as for the pineapple)
*a good sprinkle of allspice and a good splash of brandy (or orange liqueur).

We have it often and love it. I usually offer a choice of whipped cream, ice cream or yoghurt to accompany it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

We are extremely fortunate here that in the summer we have beautiful ripe local fruit: cherries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries... I like to add green grapes and oranges or mango for more color. A crisp apple adds a nice crunch. I also like nuts in my fruit salad but no one else here does.

The best fruit dressing is so simple. Just mix a cup of sour cream with 2-3 Tablespoons honey. I like buying local honey. Mmmm!
That does it -- I'm on my way up to visit. (It was the sour cream and honey that put me over the top!)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Couldn't resist stopping at the local Farmer's Market on my way home from work tonight. I had been craving fruit salad
Yours sounds just perfect for me

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Mango, banana, red grapes, passionfruit, kiwifruit and pawpaw

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bananas, peaches, strawberries, pineapple,mango, kiwi, raspberries, green grapes, canteloupe with honey and coolwhip

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I noted with interest that the first thing you said was mango. I think few people in this part of the world realize that the mango is by far the most popular fruit in the entire world. I bring this point up because when I buy one, the check out person almost always says "is this a papaya or a mango"? Is it THAT had to identify the most popular fruit in the world. And does a mango look like a papaya to YOU?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noted with interest that the first thing you said was mango. I think few people in this part of the world realize that the mango is by far the most popular fruit in the entire world. I bring this point up because when I buy one, the check out person almost always says "is this a papaya or a mango"? Is it THAT had to identify the most popular fruit in the world. And does a mango look like a papaya to YOU?????
You are so right, surprisingly the girl at the farmer's market counter said to me, I think this is a mango right? You would think they would get an orientation about what their stock was when they were hired.
Personally I love mango's but know of a lot of people who don't because they buy them before they ripen..
Payaya's I can live without