Question about sleeping

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Midnight is becoming an indoor cat and she has offered little resistance really. Today she has pretty much slept on a chaior underneath the airconditioner! She responds when I pet her but really hasn't moved from that spot all day. Is this ok?

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is is very hot where you are? She sounds like she's trying to keep cool. Does she feel very warm to you? Cats do sleep a lot.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being her age, she might not be 100% adjusted & comfortable yet. I wouldn't get too worried as long as she is using the litterbox, eating, & drinking. Sleeping is OK, but watch her to see if she gets lethargic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Being her age, she might not be 100% adjusted & comfortable yet. I wouldn't get too worried as long as she is using the litterbox, eating, & drinking. Sleeping is OK, but watch her to see if she gets lethargic.
It's in the 90s here and really high humidity...very normal for Memphis. She feels pretty much normal as far as temperature is concerned and she is definitely not lethargic. I am teaching her where her food and water is in the house so she isn't quite used to that yet but when she gets to it she chows down. She is using the litter box so no problems there.