We got a new Harley Davidson motorcycle today!! :)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The past few days, John & I have had our eyes on a 2000 Sportser X883 at our Harley Davidson store here in town. John had a 2004 Sporter 1200, that he just finished painting himself, but we wanted something a little bigger than what we had.

So we went down to the store today & got approved for the new one! (Its older, but rides soooo much better!)

Before we got approved, they had some problems with the price, because he added on about $1,300 in new parts, ect, and it was over the limit on what we could get a loan for. So the guy started to show us other bikes that we just UGLY. I simply told him that those weren't the kinda bikes we were interested in, and if we couldn't get approved for this one at the price, we'd go somewhere else

He came back, and told us that he would give us an AMAZING trade in on John's bike (his payoff that he owed on it, and then some!) and that he would give us the new bike AT COST!!
We said, DEAL! His payments are $50 cheaper than his last one, and the insurance is cheaper too!
They also gave us 2 gift certificates for 2 new t-shirts from there, so we ended up with 2 new shirts with the deal too!

So, we spent the rest of the day riding, and I just adore it! The backseat for me is a lot more comfy, and the back tire is MASSIVE... it really makes it ride a lot better.

Without anymore waiting... here are new pics of our new purchase!

Look at that tire!!

We're gonna keep it silver until the winter, and then John's going to paint it a bright blue color thats just gorgeous! He paints cars @ his job, so we get it painted for free, whatever color we want

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you should have a little thing painted for davidson on it somewhere....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Very nice Kenz. Wait until Betsy sees this!
I know! I thought of her today when we were riding!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's awesome.My husband has a Sportster.His is black though and the seat is much different then yours.Not sure of the year on hubbys.We have not been on it for over a year though.We just dont get on as much since we have had kids.Thats my hubby's baby though and my son who is only 3 says it is his vroom vroom
I suppose one day it will be unless hubby makes him gets his own
Have fun & Safe driving

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terrified of riding on a motorcycle, but I do like the look of them. That's a very sweet looking bike there!

Does your husband do air brushing? I think that bright blue with some air brushed pattern somewhere, would look beautiful!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a more generous woman than I...letting your man ride big motorcycles!

(We have a Vespa, and that's as dangerous as I let us get! haha!)

It's pretty...have fun, Kenz!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where do the cat carriers fit?

I think it'll be even more gorgeous once John paints it!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, congratulations
a new Harley is ALWAYS most cool
but can I ask a stupid question?

Why did you get an 883 instead of a 1200? The 883 is a smaller, slower engine.
I don't understand why you'd want to trade DOWN in engine size.

And I'm just green, not green with envy.
My bike is a 2000 XLH 883 that I had converted to a 1200 before I took it out of the dealership. I bought mine brand new - she's just about to roll over 30K miles, and I'm still deeply in love with her.

So
to you, Neet me dear!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

You're a more generous woman than I...letting your man ride big motorcycles!

(We have a Vespa, and that's as dangerous as I let us get! haha!)

It's pretty...have fun, Kenz!
I've always loved motorcycles... my uncle and aunt has one, I've grown up riding them, and its one of the things I looked for in a guy
:lol3

Harley's aren't dangerous- they are very safe!

Originally Posted by neetanddave

SWEET! Good deal, Kenz!

And Betsy is gonna be GREEN with envy!
Thanks! I really wanted this bike, I just love it- and I wasn't going to settle for anything less!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm terrified of riding on a motorcycle, but I do like the look of them. That's a very sweet looking bike there!

Does your husband do air brushing? I think that bright blue with some air brushed pattern somewhere, would look beautiful!
Ohh, they aren't anything to be terrified of, they are so relaxing to be on!
He doesn't do air brushing, but we have a friend that does! I'm sure he'll think of something really awesome to put on there. He painted his last Sportster (which was also silver, the HD Anniversary Edition) orange- and he got rave reviews from it! He's quite talented!

Originally Posted by catmomof2

That's awesome.My husband has a Sportster.His is black though and the seat is much different then yours.Not sure of the year on hubbys.We have not been on it for over a year though.We just dont get on as much since we have had kids.Thats my hubby's baby though and my son who is only 3 says it is his vroom vroom
I suppose one day it will be unless hubby makes him gets his own
Have fun & Safe driving
When he was looking at bikes, he made sure the rear seat was comfy for me, since we do a lot of riding together, this one is increible! We rode over train tracks today and I couldn't feel a thing!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

First of all, congratulations
a new Harley is ALWAYS most cool
but can I ask a stupid question?

Why did you get an 883 instead of a 1200? The 883 is a smaller, slower engine.
I don't understand why you'd want to trade DOWN in engine size.

And I'm just green, not green with envy.
My bike is a 2000 XLH 883 that I had converted to a 1200 before I took it out of the dealership. I bought mine brand new - she's just about to roll over 30K miles, and I'm still deeply in love with her.

So
to you, Neet me dear!
Well... here's the thing & I KNEW you would ask!!
: His previous Harley (that we just traded in) was an 883, and after someone at work ran it over with a big Silverado...he had it rebuilt to a 1200. He's going to rebuild this one too (we got an incredible discount on parts at our Harley dealer) to a 1200. There weren't any 1200s there that we liked, or any Sporters. They were trying ot get us to buy a different model... I think a Street Bob or something like that, which I really hated! He enjoys rebuilding them, so this is something that he really wanted to do

You can't really tell that its a lot slower, it beats out our friends that has a brand new Chopper!

Its got just under 8000 miles on it, & drives like a d-r-e-a-m! That huge rear tire is a God send, its just amazing to ride on- its sooo smooth, and I just LOVE the looks of it! Its a custom-the guy that had it previously (one owner), did a lot to it himself, like the tire, and new rear fender, and a few other minor things as well. I just have always liked the big rear tire, like they have on Choppers, ect. Its something different that you don't really see a lot of on little Sportsters!

We adore it, he's out on a ride right now to show to all of his friends

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Well... here's the thing & I KNEW you would ask!!
: His previous Harley (that we just traded in) was an 883, and after someone at work ran it over with a big Silverado...he had it rebuilt to a 1200. He's going to rebuild this one too (we got an incredible discount on parts at our Harley dealer) to a 1200. There weren't any 1200s there that we liked, or any Sporters. They were trying ot get us to buy a different model... I think a Street Bob or something like that, which I really hated! He enjoys rebuilding them, so this is something that he really wanted to do

You can't really tell that its a lot slower, it beats out our friends that has a brand new Chopper!

Its got just under 8000 miles on it, & drives like a d-r-e-a-m!

We adore it, he's out on a ride right now to show to all of his friends
Oh, ok, just so long as he plans to convert it, then I totally approve.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, ok, just so long as he plans to convert it, then I totally approve.
Oh yeah- I wouldnt' have wanted it if he wasn't going to convert it

You know how you just see something that you really loooove?! Thats what this bike was for us
I plan on getting him various gift cards/ect when I get a chance to help with the parts cost and whatever else... I can't wait until I get a backrest for me, that will be a huuuuge lifesaver for me!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Where do the cat carriers fit?

I think it'll be even more gorgeous once John paints it!!!
I have a feeling that the boys wouldn't enjoy that too much!!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice Kenz! Congratulations.

I've always wanted a Harley. I'd have to get rid of my car to justify getting one though.