TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Isaiah Washington's future on Grey's Anatomy.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Isaiah Washington's future on Grey's Anatomy.....

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
As far as season 4 of Grey's Anatomy is concerned, a decision has been made. There will no longer be a Dr. Preston Burke at Seattle Grace Hospital. I don't know what I think of this. On one hand, after the ending of season 3, I'm not a big Burke fan anyway. However, if they were getting rid of him on principle because of what he said, why continue to use him until the end of the season????

What do you guys think?
post #2 of 11
I can't say that I'm at all suprised. I suspected that he was going to be let go when he said that homophobic slur about TR Knight. I felt that the writing was on the wall so far as his place on the show. I just knew that they were looking for an "out" to get rid of him and the season finale was just that.

I'm sure the set was not a very nice place to be since all of that happened and I doubt very much that the cast really felt like it was water under the bridge since it all happened. Hopefully they can get on with their jobs now in a more positive and less tense atmosphere.

I also suspect that we will be hearing rumours that TR Knight probably gave an ultimatum..."him or me", and that he will probably take the brunt of the blame for Isaiah's contract not being picked up.
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
If they were going to get rid of him because of the slur, shouldn't they have made a point to do it then? It seems a little hypocritical of the network to say "that's unacceptable and we will not continue to employ you.......but you can stay for May sweeps". I know he had a contract for the season, but if they really wanted him gone because of the slur, shouldn't they have written his character out or at least minimized his appearances at that time, even if they were still contractually obligated to pay him? It seems to me like they took this as an opportunity for the writing staff to keep everyone guessing and watching the show, not as an opportunity to take a stand against workplace bigotry.
post #4 of 11
What exactly did he say that was so bad. I never did hear what he said.
post #5 of 11
I think they shouldn't have had a story about a possible wedding. They should have minimized his character, and then quickly had Dr. Burke accept a position at a different hospital instead. And since he was under contract for the season, maybe the Dr. Burke character could have just come back to Seattle Grace occasionally to assist with surgeries
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leli View Post
If they were going to get rid of him because of the slur, shouldn't they have made a point to do it then? It seems a little hypocritical of the network to say "that's unacceptable and we will not continue to employ you.......but you can stay for May sweeps". I know he had a contract for the season, but if they really wanted him gone because of the slur, shouldn't they have written his character out or at least minimized his appearances at that time, even if they were still contractually obligated to pay him? It seems to me like they took this as an opportunity for the writing staff to keep everyone guessing and watching the show, not as an opportunity to take a stand against workplace bigotry.
He had a contract and I suspect that it would have been a good grounds for a lawsuit to be "fired" for a racial slur. He sounds like the type that would play the racist card himself in a court of law.

They did the right thing. They tolerated him until the end of the season and then just refused to renew his contract. That way they get rid of him and they don't subject themselves to a lawsuit for having fired him prior to his contract expiring.

I'm sure they had lots of legal counsel about the matter. I suspect they had wanted to fire him long before the end of the season.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
What exactly did he say that was so bad. I never did hear what he said.
He referred to TR Knight as the "F" word for "gay man".
post #8 of 11
I heard a rumor that T.R. Knight isn't coming back either so it probably wasn't a him or me situation.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
I heard a rumor that T.R. Knight isn't coming back either so it probably wasn't a him or me situation.
No, apparently he's resigned and will be back.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
No, apparently he's resigned and will be back.
Interesting. Since he has to do his internship all over again, that should cause some interesting scenarios between him and the others who have moved on, especially his wife.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Interesting. Since he has to do his internship all over again, that should cause some interesting scenarios between him and the others who have moved on, especially his wife.
Maybe he will become a male nurse?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Isaiah Washington's future on Grey's Anatomy.....