These two are cracking me up!

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok...they are both in the house now and I took some pics. I'll try and upload them tomorrow. For awhile, Midnight was on a chair pushed under the table and Tal was at his place by the door. Then they move in the living room. There's alot of looking at eachother! Tal was sniffing at Midnight and she was behind the vacuum...She hissed and raised her paw but never struck Tal. He came over and lay down by me. Cracked me up. I never let on.

Then later she was on my bed when Tal came in the room. I thought this should be good. Tal looks at me like get her off willya? So I let him get on the bed and she raised her paw again and jumped off the bed. He just looked at me and I said you gonna have to settle this yourselves big guy. He hopped on the bed. They are both back in the kitchen..he in his usual place by the door...she in front of her crate on the washer.

I just want to make them both comfortable. Open to advice so as to avoid Tal feeling like I have replaced him.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tal doesn't feel like you replaced him. He's probably wondering what's wrong with you to bring a cat into the house, though!

Basically, IMO, your best bet is to let the two of them work it out. My girls have been swatted & scratched by the cats more times than I can count. They have to establish their own hierarchy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Tal doesn't feel like you replaced him. He's probably wondering what's wrong with you to bring a cat into the house, though!

Basically, IMO, your best bet is to let the two of them work it out. My girls have been swatted & scratched by the cats more times than I can count. They have to establish their own hierarchy.
Yeah I am just letting them sort it out. As Midnight stays in the house for longer periods, and then all the time, I know they will work it out. I am really hoping they will become best buds!