Why do people have to be sooo ignorant?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has to do with my thread in crossing the bridge. Please everyone take time to read that.
I just dont get people!! Why do they deem pit bulls as soo vicious??? Heck....the girl that works at the vet has a husky that she has to muzzle because it "like to eat small animals"........

Im sorry. Guess I just need to VENT a little!! I was so sad and depressed after I left the vets today. All I can think about was that beautiful white pit. She was sooo scared to even come in the vets
I felt so bad for her.....I just dont understand people I guess~and probly never will!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

This has to do with my thread in crossing the bridge. Please everyone take time to read that.
I just dont get people!! Why do they deem pit bulls as soo vicious??? Heck....the girl that works at the vet has a husky that she has to muzzle because it "like to eat small animals"........

Im sorry. Guess I just need to VENT a little!! I was so sad and depressed after I left the vets today. All I can think about was that beautiful white pit. She was sooo scared to even come in the vets
I felt so bad for her.....I just dont understand people I guess~and probly never will!!
Strange, isn't it? My nine (as in 9) year old nephew is afraid of my cats!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't really know what to think. The vet I worked for had two pits who were the sweetest dogs in the world at the clinic. I never feared either of them. But one day they got into it at home, and the end result was one of them lost a leg. And Rotts...the only ones I've ever had contact with were wonderful animals, but they have a bad rep too. Truthfully, the nastiest dogs I ever had to handle at the clinic were sometimes the small breeds. I can't imagine dealing with an 80 pound chihuahua with attitude.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

They deem them vicious because there are laws saying they are vicious
Yep!!!! Those and Rotties,Akita's,German Shepards and several others.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our RB dog Wolfgang was a sweet Rottie/Lab mix. Licked the cats when they would come near him. Our Husky is sweet as can be.

That being said, I think the MIX is what calms them down. Too many people have aggressive pits/whatever and they have the label of vicious dogs. Not to say they all are, but you don't hear about the nice one in the news.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

They deem them vicious because there are laws saying they are vicious
!!

My moms friend has a pitt/lab mix and o my, he is just so well behaved and the sweetest dog u will ever met, I think he is more well behaved than our dogs
ours like to jump and demand attention and with food they sit their heads on ur lap ect...and he sits there so pretty and waits so patiently for food! He is just a sweetie, I cant wait for my mom to get back on her feet I miss syd
...hmm I wonder if I ever posted his pics here, but I guess not...im gonna have to do that later

See also from a persoanl experience I was bit by my own german shepard when I was 3 years old !! And then we got another shepard after that, and o my what a sweetie pie my snoopy was
She was such a great dog
! Its just that our first (well my firsts german shepard was also a rescue that was treated bad, and well we just couldnt break her of it, she was trained to be a guard dog and she wouldnt let full love in
) I just love all the breeds
It just makes me so mad that the big ones are all deemed soo vicous
when in reality its how the person raises the dog to be and such!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People just suck!
I love pit bulls..
and BSL just sucks.
they don't judge us, so why judge them, ya know?