Introduction

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm new to this forum, but I am so glad I finally found it! My sister and I are pretty new to showing, we've only been doing it since March. We show our Turkish Van and Egyptian Mau together in the CFA premier class usually along the East Coast. They're such good boys, the Van is about ten points away from granding. The Mau's eyes are taking some time to change, so he's lagging, but not by much! I'll get some pictures up to share very quickly.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Welcome to TCS! We will need to see pics of those beautiful cats you know! I love Turkish Vans and the Egyptian Mau is my daughter's favorite breed.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!!!

I show Abys and a NFO myself and do you have the same problem as I do when it comes to grooming the LH vs. the SH???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Van takes so much more time than the Mau! Lucky for us he's good in the bath because that white coat takes a few shampoos to really shine. He's got SUCH an attitude when it comes to brushing out his pants and fluffy tail. We keep expiramenting with different brushes and have found he likes the plastic flea combs the best. What a baby!

The Mau's coat doesn't require nearly as much attention, but it's taken a while to figure out how to prevent his spots from fluffiing out. I've been told a little mink oil and a silk scarf would do the trick. I haven't tried it yet, but I will for a show on the 16th.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cats! I have to say because I love longhair better that I like the Turkish Van best but both are very beautiful!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my Norwegian, I've recently discovered the Chris Chritensen System (CCS) - works great - it's a 4 step grooming process.

For my Abys I use Jerob's Mahogany Gold and the last 2 steps of the CCS.

I use a micro-fibre towel for both cats and it seriously cuts down drying time for both my SH and LH!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats - we are showing our Ocicat in premiership in CFA and ACFA. He's just 8 months old - just got the championship in both associations, so next shows he can earn points. Got a final as an Open in CFA, and he's got 3 finals towards his Grand in ACFA (first adult show)

We have someone over here showing a smoke mau in premiership. Just looked at the pics - I like the silver maus best as you can really see the spotting in them.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and Welcome!

My Ferris wants to know if you have a Ferris, too!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't breed or show, but both your kitties are beatiful.

I had to laugh though at the Otto and the levitating mouse!
that is a once in a lifetime photo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Abymummy: Where can I find more info about the CCS? I'm always looking for more tips on how to manage all of Otto's long hair

GoldenKitty45: Good luck with showing your Ocicat! I like to think of them as the "big spots" and Maus as the "little spots"

GingersMom: I have a little Ferris! He's a blue tabby DSH with blotchy spots, but you'd never notice because he's constantly flopped on the floor with his belly up.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

Abymummy: Where can I find more info about the CCS? I'm always looking for more tips on how to manage all of Otto's long hair
http://www.chrissystems.com/

I use Gold on Gold for my Norwegian and Persian (not show) both cats are red tabbies, followed by the Thick and Thicker, After Bath and lastly the Ice on Ice.

I do NOT use Gold on Gold on my Abys - it "destroys" ticking. But I DO use the After Bath and Ice on Ice on them.

I recommend you look at Boar's Bristle brushes (any brand) and/or horse hair brushes for both LH and SH coats - shiney!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a little Ferris! He's a blue tabby DSH with blotchy spots, but you'd never notice because he's constantly flopped on the floor with his belly up.
Well now!
That makes THREE cats named Ferris on TCS! For a little while, my boy was the only one, LOL.

I think we need to see some piccies, please!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Van takes so much more time than the Mau! Lucky for us he's good in the bath because that white coat takes a few shampoos to really shine. He's got SUCH an attitude when it comes to brushing out his pants and fluffy tail. We keep expiramenting with different brushes and have found he likes the plastic flea combs the best. What a baby!

The Mau's coat doesn't require nearly as much attention, but it's taken a while to figure out how to prevent his spots from fluffiing out. I've been told a little mink oil and a silk scarf would do the trick. I haven't tried it yet, but I will for a show on the 16th.
Beautiful kitties! Good luck with showing them.
I hope you try out the mink oil/scarf thing before his show, if it doesn't work well and you don't like it it may not be good to find out on the night before the show

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome
Your cats are gorgeous, good luck with showing. I've just started showing my 5 month old Ocicat kitten.
I've got some It's Showtime! sea plasma, that combined with polishing with some silk really adds to his already lovely shine.