Brangelina

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is anyone else sick to death of these 2? I was never a big Pitt fan and now that he's hooked up with her I'm even less so. She has a beautiful face - the rest of her looks like Skeletor.

I wish they would go in hiding somewhere for a few years so we could all get some respite from them.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's their fault. The paparazzi follow them around like there's no tomorrow without them. They are just the couple du jour and hopefully once the paps leave them alone things will change.

I know it's cheesy but I actually have a great deal of time for Angelina Jolie. I think she was a troubled girl who has grown into a beautiful, generous woman. Did you know she gives a third - a THIRD - of her income to charity? I'm sorry, but like her or not, that is amazing and speaks volumes for her.

I am always supportive of celebrities that use their status to really do good in the world. There are three children who are going to have a wonderful life because of her, and her work with the UN is tireless, and she might be beautiful and rich and famous but she does the right thing with her wealth and fame. Paris could take a leaf out of her book IMO.

George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Bono - people like this are worthy of a great deal of respect because, through their status, fame and celebrity, they bring the eyes of the world to very, very important issues (Darfour, orphaned children and AIDS in Africa respectively) that might otherwise fall by the wayside. Bono was responsible for making George W Bush pledge 15 BILLION dollars to AIDS relief in Africa. He will always be in my hero books because of that - and all the other wonderful, wonderful things he does.

In my opinion, as long as their continued position in the spotlight helps them bring attention to their causes, I'm fine with it. They rarely go to big events - most of the time their pics are from the paparazzi following them around when they're trying to do their grocery shopping or take their children to the park. I would HATE that.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like all of the media attention on them and could care less for their acting carreers, however they do great charity work and bring much needed attention to areas that probably would never see the light of day in the media if it weren't for them. I believe that Brad now also give a third of his earning to charity.

I just wish that the papparazzi would give them a bit of a rest.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a total girl-crush on Angelina Jolie.
And as for Brad Pitt ... Mmm, yeah. My dirty thoughts cannot be expressed in this family-friendly forum.

I think I'm mostly just sick of the whole combo name thingie: Brangelina, Bennifer, Vaughnistan, et al. Hooking up with someone does not erase your identity as a single individual. My fiance and I are not suddenly "Jara" (although I think that would be a pretty name ...); we are still J and Sara, separate individuals who choose to be together but who are still independent people.

I'm also very, very tired of our celebrity culture. I don't care about Paris Hilton. I really, really don't. I also don't care about Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Nicole Richie, Britney Spears, the Olsen Twins (who also apparently don't rate separate identities), the latest American Idol, or who's sleeping with whom. When they find the cure for cancer or bring about world peace, then I'll be interested. In the meantime, I'd like for the paparazzi to go away, please, and stop plastering their pictures all over the various media outlets. Although I say I have a girl-crush on Angelina, I really couldn't care less if she, too, disappeared. It's all just so very "yawn."

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What KitEKats4Eva said!!!

They are one of the celebrity couples that I actually have time for. I would love to sit down with them and have a conversation with them about what they're doing, and what else they plan to do. George Clooney is the same - I really respect what he's done with his celebrity status and that he's actually making a difference.

I do feel sorry for Brad and Angelina that they get followed around so much and every move is recorded and analysed, and if they're ever more than a metre away from each other - the paparazzi assumes they're splitting up. But then, if they weren't followed around, and people didn't care so much, they wouldn't be able to achieve as much. Tough life!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think it is the whole celebrity culture thing that gets to me. When it was just the Enquirer, etc, it wasn't intrusive but when I see headlines like the following:

G-8 meets on Africa without ill Bush
Shuttle Atlantis poised for launch
US Trade deficit falls as exports jump
Europe finds 'web' of CIA abuses
Hearing may send Paris back to jail
A day in the life of Paris' house arrest

I just wonder if we have too much time on our hands.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I have a total girl-crush on Angelina Jolie.
And as for Brad Pitt ... Mmm, yeah. My dirty thoughts cannot be expressed in this family-friendly forum.

I think I'm mostly just sick of the whole combo name thingie: Brangelina, Bennifer, Vaughnistan, et al. Hooking up with someone does not erase your identity as a single individual. My fiance and I are not suddenly "Jara" (although I think that would be a pretty name ...); we are still J and Sara, separate individuals who choose to be together but who are still independent people.

I'm also very, very tired of our celebrity culture. I don't care about Paris Hilton. I really, really don't. I also don't care about Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Nicole Richie, Britney Spears, the Olsen Twins (who also apparently don't rate separate identities), the latest American Idol, or who's sleeping with whom. When they find the cure for cancer or bring about world peace, then I'll be interested. In the meantime, I'd like for the paparazzi to go away, please, and stop plastering their pictures all over the various media outlets. Although I say I have a girl-crush on Angelina, I really couldn't care less if she, too, disappeared. It's all just so very "yawn."
Oooo! I have a girl-crush on Jennifer Aniston. She's adorable.

As for Brad and Angelina-I hear they break up often? Didn't know if that was true.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Angelina's Skeletor appearance is because of a medical problem since her mom just died. (I have to admit I read those trash magazines at break... never buy them though!)

Paparazzi should be considered stalkers and treated as such.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I truly admire Angelina for the work she does with the UN and with so many countries around the world. She's a celebrity, raised with a silver spoon, but she's not afraid to get dirty to help someone in need. In that respect (and just in that respect) she reminds me of Princess Diana. And like Diana, you can tell that Angelina is doing it because she wants to not for a photo op or publicity. I read an interview with her where she said that she only acts to be able to keep doing what is really important to her, and to keep her name familiar enough with people that she can raise awareness of the plights of people less fortunate.

As for Brad...honestly I never saw the big thing with him, but whatever. I hope that Angelina brought out the good in him honestly, because I've really never seen him as being that interested in charity before her.

But I AM sick and tired of the Brangelina coverage. They broke up, they are getting married, she's pregnant, she's not, she's too skinny, Brad's going back to Jen, Jen hates Angie, Angie is adopting another one.... (And that's just from the headlines!)

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But again, that's not their fault. They have had to release statements saying there is nothing wrong with the state of their relationship because the tabloids keep putting out false headlines every five seconds saying `it's over!'. They've never broken up once.

Brad Pitt was involved in charity with Jennifer Aniston before he started seeing Angelina Jolie. He has been an active supporter of research into diseases such as AIDS. He also is behind `Not On Our Watch', an organization that focuses global attention and resources to stop and prevent mass atrocities such as in Darfur, along with George Clooney, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, and Jerry Weintraub. This is independent of and before Angelina.

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

I don't think it's their fault. The paparazzi follow them around like there's no tomorrow without them. They are just the couple du jour and hopefully once the paps leave them alone things will change.

I know it's cheesy but I actually have a great deal of time for Angelina Jolie. I think she was a troubled girl who has grown into a beautiful, generous woman. Did you know she gives a third - a THIRD - of her income to charity? I'm sorry, but like her or not, that is amazing and speaks volumes for her.

I am always supportive of celebrities that use their status to really do good in the world. There are three children who are going to have a wonderful life because of her, and her work with the UN is tireless, and she might be beautiful and rich and famous but she does the right thing with her wealth and fame. Paris could take a leaf out of her book IMO.

George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Bono - people like this are worthy of a great deal of respect because, through their status, fame and celebrity, they bring the eyes of the world to very, very important issues (Darfour, orphaned children and AIDS in Africa respectively) that might otherwise fall by the wayside. Bono was responsible for making George W Bush pledge 15 BILLION dollars to AIDS relief in Africa. He will always be in my hero books because of that - and all the other wonderful, wonderful things he does.

In my opinion, as long as their continued position in the spotlight helps them bring attention to their causes, I'm fine with it. They rarely go to big events - most of the time their pics are from the paparazzi following them around when they're trying to do their grocery shopping or take their children to the park. I would HATE that.
Well said

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I was making the kind of money they make, 1/3 of my income would be a drop in the bucket. Besides, there is only so much money you can spend in a year even if you are buying everything your little heart desires.

I really have mixed feelings about all these celebrity adoptions so I'll leave it at that.

Angelina was a pretty messed up individual so maybe she's getting her act together and I can't dispute the good she is doing but there are many others that are doing good and have been doing good thing behind the scenes for years.

I guess my biggest complaint is that she and Brad were both less than honest about their whole relationship and I think Jennifer was treated unfairly.
I know I sure wouldn't want my marriage broken up like that by another woman and lies and deceit.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking when I saw this thread.."did someone really care enough to post about them?"

It turns out, you are sick of hearing about it too

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard awhile back that she actually likes all the attention, and that's part of the reason she does it!

In her statement today she said she really doesn't care what people think of her.....then why bother? She more or less discredits herself by adopting a child from EVERY country she visits though.

Bangelina's relationship is just weird...think they'll ever get married?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I heard awhile back that she actually likes all the attention, and that's part of the reason she does it!

In her statement today she said she really doesn't care what people think of her.....then why bother? She more or less discredits herself by adopting a child from EVERY country she visits though.

They said they will get married when homosexuals are legally allowed to marry in the USA.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wish the paparzzi would leave them alone so we did not have to hear about them anymore. Whether I like them or not, I swear they cannot even flush their toilet without it being headlines!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If I was making the kind of money they make, 1/3 of my income would be a drop in the bucket. Besides, there is only so much money you can spend in a year even if you are buying everything your little heart desires.
But who knows if that figure is correct and what she does with the rest... She may very well be setting up funds for different things with the rest, or just investing it so she never goes broke. The problem with having money is that you get so scared to lose it. She can't do anything if she's penniless - and once she starts losing her looks, if she hasn't invested her money wisely, she'll be a nobody.

I guess my biggest complaint is that she and Brad were both less than honest about their whole relationship and I think Jennifer was treated unfairly.
I know I sure wouldn't want my marriage broken up like that by another woman and lies and deceit.
Would you really expect them to go to the media and keep them updated on their relationship?
I mean, who knows what happened with Brad and Jennifer, and if it was already on the rocks, and how long for - or if they had actually separated, but just hadn't told the media (how rude!
). I don't see Angelina as a home wrecker - people split up and meet other people all the time. Brad wouldn't have left if they had a happy marriage.

Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I'd have less respect for her if she said she DID care about what everyone thought of her!!! Why does adopting multiple children from different countries discredit her?
Why shouldn't she be allowed to adopt? Why should she have to adopt from the same country all the time??

There's plenty of people who have children together and aren't married, why should THEY have to??? They've both been married and it didn't work. I know a number of people who are separated/divorced who say they would never marry again, and are now with life partners and are happy NOT ever getting married!

If they weren't famous, they would be applauded by everyone for adopting so many children in need and loving them like their own while still respecting their children's different cultures and making sure they know where they've come from. If they were a regular couple and decided to never get married, because they've both been divorced, everyone would say "oh well that's fair enough".

Ok, rant over

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally agree with you on this and I am not the least bit tired of seeing this beautiful couple together. I didn't think Brad and Jen made a good pair but he and Angie make a wonderful pair and seem so happy, I hope the happiness lasts. And yes they do good things for others.