Favorite Toy(s)

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering...

What is your cat's favorite toy?

Zoe is still a kitten, so she's interested in different things than she will be when she matures. But she loves aluminum foil balls so much! She bats them around and tosses them and just likes playing with those, in addition to paper wads. Besides this there is YARN, maybe her absolute favorite! Strings of yarn, balls of it, wads, she is fascinated with it! She loves things that dangle, like pom-poms on strings... But I think her favorite toy by far is--- ME!!!

What about your furbabies?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
raven likes yarn puffs. we also have one that we tied to a string. we call it "the puffball on a string" and it's raven's other favorite.
he goes crazy for wand toys.

nabu likes the rings on milk and gallon water bottles. also these. we have some toys by the same company that look like small sections of straws, and he likes them too. he doesn't play with a lot of toys.

stimpy likes track toys and puzzle box toys. he also likes glitter balls. he likes mice toys, but we only buy the ones made with teddy bear fur or are all fabric. raven eats the ones with "real" fur.
this and this are a couple of his favorites.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar is very fond of toy mice with real rabbit fur, he especially likes to play fetch with them. He also enjoys torturing my feet. And a long purple feather boa thing on a stick.

Sonic will play with anything, but if it's something he's not supposed to have that makes me chase him around to take it from him, then that's double the fun. He likes till receipts and he's allowed to have those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
littleraven7726: I have the Cat'N'Mouse toy, and Zoe likes that! But she's still small so she has a real short attention span I guess. She mostly pulls at it instead of pushing it so it goes around, but she likes it pretty well. I think she'll like it more when she gets older. And that is what she likes: wand toys, stuff on strings!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roxie love love loves the fake mice with the real rabbit fur as well. She will cry and cry if she loses one under a closet door or the couch! She also likes the rings from milk containers. Her new favorite toy is this green snake I got at PetCo. It's made of all feathery material and has a purple feather at the end. She will throw and chase it for hours!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Turbo Scratcher has recently been a big hit here. 2 of my 3 girls love batting that ball around the little circle, and the cardboard scratcher gets quite a bit of use as well.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please be careful with those toys - do not let them play with them unsupervised. Foil is metal and you don't want them to be chewing on them - fine to play ball but put it away if you can't watch them. Same with yarn/string - they WILL swallow it or it will get caught in their throat and you can have major surgery problems removing it.

Ours like the laser lights, small balls like tennis or ping pong balls, small catnip mice (the fur ones are chewed up by our lab so we can't leave them out) - be sure on the mice there are no loose pieces like eyes/ears that can be pulled off and swallowed. I usually remove that and then don't have to worry

Ours especially like the fishing toys - again these are kept in a drawer and only taken out to do interactive play.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitten doesn't have much interest in the toys we bought for him. Instead he loves shoelaces, pens, and has tried playing with the laptop lead but we put a stop to that. He also loves playing with my skirt or trouser legs. Anything really!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GoldenKitty: I only leave the string/yarn out whenever we are playing together, or when I am on the computer, watching TV, reading a book... her toys are always in the same room as I am. As far as the foil wads go, she hates the taste of them! She tried to bite it and then she made the funniest face and ate some of her wet food to dislodge the taste! I do leave those out at night, but she rarely plays on the ground at night, she rather stays on the bed/in the crate.
I'll have to look more into the wand/fishing toys, cause she LOVES those!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

I was just wondering...

What is your cat's favorite toy?

Zoe is still a kitten, so she's interested in different things than she will be when she matures. But she loves aluminum foil balls so much! She bats them around and tosses them and just likes playing with those, in addition to paper wads. Besides this there is YARN, maybe her absolute favorite! Strings of yarn, balls of it, wads, she is fascinated with it! She loves things that dangle, like pom-poms on strings... But I think her favorite toy by far is--- ME!!!

What about your furbabies?
Persi sort of outgrew toys. Even feathers. So I broke down and did something I said I would NEVER do and got a laser pen. Persi acts like an eight week old kitten now! There is a little nook where we watch TV and while I watch TV I shine the "bug" below the TV and entertain Persi the whole time and can even give him a darn good workout! There is absolutely no chance of the light getting in his eyes.

I just went in to get a cup of coffee and Persi is sitting there, wondering where the bug went I guess...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enzo's favorite toy is a square patch of crotched yarn I made a while back. We call it his binky because he carries it around and lays on it, just like a kid with their little blankets.

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammy's fave toy is, well, my pillows and stuffed dogs.
Karina likes her tail and crinkle balls. Also, my right leg.