Now i know...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, there I was, goofing off at the Waterfront 'Fair' for the Rose Festival here in Portland... all this yesterday... now, since i work weekends, I can't 'enjoy' the massive crowds and insanity... thank God. I got myself a couple of pirate hats (Argh, me matey, shiver me timbers!!)... one better than the other... had some typical 'fair food' i.e. not that great. Had fun... then i walked into a tent of 'critters.'

I fell in love.

These people help rescue big cats and other exotics that get bought by inept morons... among other animals, they had one full grown Serval, as well as a cub. I can't remember his name... they were doing photo opps as well as a little education for the idiot public... so I paid my five bucks (SOOOOOO worth it) and sat in the chair... I chatted with the people about cats big and small. I told them I know of some people (John [AmbertheBobcat]) who do the same thing they do... and have the utmost respect...

This little guy is about 10 weeks old, bigger in size than my two grown domestics, but weighs less... and he's SO FLUFFY!!!!! They put him and his bed in my lap... I put one hand at the scruff, and one on his chest... he wanted to lay down... he kept putting his head down, so they asked me, to hold him up a bit... and here's the result... I kinda look like I'm holding him weird... but he was a little hyper... I was the first after his play break in his carrier (big wire dog kennel). he was such a sweetie...

I think he's a Serval... John? confirmation? Whatever he is, he's such a cutie... so soft and fluffy...

Amanda

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whatever he is, he's just adorable.
He does look a bit hyperactive though, doesn't he?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a group like that (maybe the same one?) that came to our local mall back in the 80s. I got to get my pic taken with a 2 month old lion cub.

The tiger was the most fun. A preschool had come in and were getting told about the big cats when the tiger whizzed in front of them. I would swear she did it on purpose. And I imagine that moment was all the kids would remember.
Later one of the guys walked by her cage and she reached out and grabbed his leg to play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Whatever he is, he's just adorable.
He does look a bit hyperactive though, doesn't he?
Well, he IS a 10 week old cub... anyone who's ever had a kitten in their arms fully understands... I watched him in his carrier... he was hysterical to watch... he had a regular cat toy... the jingle ball on a spring attached to a carpeted board... he was a riot to watch...

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I was going to skip the waterfront festival this year, but maybe now I will have to go see. Was it Wild Cat Haven from Sherwood doing this? They have such beautiful big cats there.

If so, the baby you held may be Kenya from that site:

http://www.wildcathaven.org/Meet/kenya/kenya.html
No, not them... they don't have a website, but are called A Walk On The Wildside. he's only about 10 weeks, I think she said... and less than 10 pounds...

oversized kitten, with bigger claws and teeth... sure plays like a domestic kitten...

Amanda