TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Ordering cat food online
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ordering cat food online

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Bailey is on a combination of Royal Canin rabbit and Nature's Variety rabbit, both canned. Because the RC is a prsecription diet, I get that from my vet. There's a store here in town that sells NV, but it costs $1.89 for a 5.5 oz can!

I've ordered NV from SitStay.com before and their prices are pretty good, $1.63, but with shipping and handling, of course, the price comes to about what I'd pay by buying it here in town. I've checked Pet Food Direct whose prices are comparable to SitStay and Waggintails doesn't carry NV canned.

I just wondered if anyone else orders their food online and who you order it from.
post #2 of 12
Sorry to stray from your question, but does the local store carry the larger cans (13.2 oz)? My local store only had the large ones. They are labeled as "dog" food but I examined every last ingredient and nutrient % on the NV site and couldn't find a difference. I only checked Chicken/turkey and Beef. The "dog" cans were $1.91 locally. Just a thought.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
I never really checked, but I don't think they do carry the bigger cans. It's all I can do some days to get him through one of the 5.5 oz cans . . . and today's one of those days. He's driving me nuts! He got a bite of Chloe's Wellness turkey and salmon, and now he will not touch the NV rabbit!!!!!

I'm tempted to just take him off rabbit and give him something else. The Wellness I picked up to try have no grains and there are so many different flavors. Chloe is loving them and I know Bailey would like the change too. But he just had surgery in February and was diagnosed with IBD, so I'm still working with the vet on a food trial to see if it helps his symptoms. Well, a food trial isn't worth a thing when the cat doesn't want to eat the food!

I tell you . . . it can be challenging trying to feed 3 cats with IBD . . . and I have no patience with it, at least not tonight!
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebsKats View Post
I never really checked, but I don't think they do carry the bigger cans. It's all I can do some days to get him through one of the 5.5 oz cans . . . and today's one of those days. He's driving me nuts! He got a bite of Chloe's Wellness turkey and salmon, and now he will not touch the NV rabbit!!!!!

I'm tempted to just take him off rabbit and give him something else. The Wellness I picked up to try have no grains and there are so many different flavors. Chloe is loving them and I know Bailey would like the change too. But he just had surgery in February and was diagnosed with IBD, so I'm still working with the vet on a food trial to see if it helps his symptoms. Well, a food trial isn't worth a thing when the cat doesn't want to eat the food!

I tell you . . . it can be challenging trying to feed 3 cats with IBD . . . and I have no patience with it, at least not tonight!
Oh boy, you've got your hands full. They always want what they can't have. My cats like the Wellness too...except for Picky Precious. She only likes it when it's on someone else's plate, not hers.

Hopefully some good tips will come along about the online ordering. Sorry to get off track.
post #5 of 12
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beandip View Post
Oh boy, you've got your hands full. They always want what they can't have. My cats like the Wellness too...except for Picky Precious. She only likes it when it's on someone else's plate, not hers.

Hopefully some good tips will come along about the online ordering. Sorry to get off track.
Actually, I'm glad you got off track . . . I kinda' needed to vent! It's been a rough evening!
post #7 of 12
With PFD, they offer coupons....13% off, 18% off, sometimes even 20-22% off if you sign up for e-mails. Often, that covers shipping or sometimes more.

ETA: what about www.epetpals.com?
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
Their regular price for NV is a little higher than what I usually pay at SitStay.com, but it was on sale, so I went ahead and ordered a case and saved several dollars!
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
With PFD, they offer coupons....13% off, 18% off, sometimes even 20-22% off if you sign up for e-mails. Often, that covers shipping or sometimes more.

ETA: what about www.epetpals.com?
I didn't realize that with PFD and I didn't sign up for their e-mails. I'll go back and do that.

I checked epetpals.com but they don't carry Nature's Variety.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebsKats View Post
I didn't realize that with PFD and I didn't sign up for their e-mails. I'll go back and do that.

I checked epetpals.com but they don't carry Nature's Variety.
Do a google search for PFD discounts. Sometimes you can find better deals than what they send in the emails. Also, sometimes the email discounts are only valid for one or two days, but there are discounts out there that last much longer.
post #11 of 12
I recently started ordering from Pet Food Direct, and so far I'm very pleased with their services. Prices can be a little high, but I usually order when they are having a 20% off sale, then it works out to be the same as it would if I was going to a pet store locally.
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your help everyone! I'll go a google search on PFD discounts and keep checking their web site too, and I've got some other companies I can check with now too. I appreciate all your help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Ordering cat food online