Requesting Good Surgery Vibes

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! My litte baby Princess goes in tomorrow morning for her spay, so it's no food no water after 8PM tonight.. that should be interesting.

This is my first cat, so my first spay and this is also the first vet visit I've been to with her (her breeder got her first set of shots). In addition to the spay, she has to have two shots.. one is rabies, but I can't remember what the other is called.

I am so nervous about this even though people keep telling me not to worry that they do this all the time.. and I know, but I'm still worried! I mean, it's surgery!

So today she is getting whatever she wants to eat until 8PM, and I'm trying to keep her water as cold as possible so she will drink more before I have to take it away.

This vet seems very nice though. When I called to set up the appointment, she encouraged me to get the pre-surgical blood screening done and she said she does it even for all her barn cats... so I thought wow she's even a cat owner herself!

... and I notice I made this very long
Thanks for reading

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, I'm sending many good vibes to her, & many calming vibes to you!
Im going threw the same thing tomorow but with seven of my foster cats! Im going insane. Lots of good vibes for Princess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Im going threw the same thing tomorow but with seven of my foster cats! Im going insane. Lots of good vibes for Princess!
Oh wow! Best of luck to you and them
I think it's wonderful what you do, by the way.. fostering all those kitties. Some {{{{{vibes}}}}} to all of them and you!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good vibes coming that way. Don't worry, it's gonna be OK.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lots of soothing & calming ((((((
vibes
))))) for your sweet baby - its so tough when we love our kitties so much, but I'm sure all will go well

Keep us posted !

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Best wishes for both of you
Sending some lavender flowers ( they calm
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alright, I put her food and water away for the night.. but not before feeding her about 5 treats
I feel so bad because she likes to nibble on her dry food during the night and it won't be there.. also she didn't drink very much the last hour she had her water available. My poor baby

I have to get up at 6:30 and get her to the vet tomorrow, which probably doesn't seem so bad to anyone else, but I live in a 2nd shift world where I normally wake up around 10. On the other hand, I can come home and try to take a nap and it will feel like I'm getting her back even faster... though I doubt I'll be able to sleep!

I'm so nervous lol.. I feel kinda silly. It isn't like spaying a cat is a rare surgery...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will be fine!
Lots of {{{calming vibes}}} to you and her!