What deodorant do you use?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno if it's cause I am getting older or b/c of hormone changes but I am having the toughest time finding something that works.
What deodorant do you use?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm using dove unscented. but i don't think it works any better than my all natural deodorants. so i might be switching back to kiss my face or tom's of maine.

i have a hard time finding good deodorants too.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently using Secret Clinical strenght and it works great! But, it has aluminium in it (which is linked to alzheimers) so after my wedding I'm going to find something that is aluminium free.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'm currently using Secret Clinical strenght and it works great! But, it has aluminium in it (which is linked to alzheimers) so after my wedding I'm going to find something that is aluminium free.
Is that the aluminium chloride?
I have been using CertainDri AM roll-on. It's the only thing DH can use for his issues.

The Dove was working for 2 years and just stopped. I started with Secret, then Ban, then Dove. The Sauve is ok but it smells so strong.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well right now I am using Degree, before I was using Secret, and I used Ban for a time. I will probably be switching from Degree cause Lee hates the way it smells. He says he can smell it really good and it is really strong (I use the powder fresh)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crystal stick. It's great. Natural, not messy, doesn't stain, doesn't irritate -- and I do have sensitive skin, so that's an issue.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Is that the aluminium chloride?
I have been using CertainDri AM roll-on. It's the only thing DH can use for his issues.

The Dove was working for 2 years and just stopped. I started with Secret, then Ban, then Dove. The Sauve is ok but it smells so strong.
Yup, studies in Alzheimer's patients have revealed significant deposits of it at the base of the neck in the spine. I already have a horrible memory so I want to do everything I can to keep it from getting worse! It's the antiperspirant and it basically clogs the pores in your underarms and stops you from sweating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Yup, studies in Alzheimer's patients have revealed significant deposits of it at the base of the neck in the spine. I already have a horrible memory so I want to do everything I can to keep it from getting worse! It's the antiperspirant and it basically clogs the pores in your underarms and stops you from sweating.
Oh well that will be my kids problem to deal with.

I am genetically proned to it anyway. At least I will go out smelling fresh!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Natures gate( no aluminum ... propleny gygol or other ickys but not quite right for my chemistry) and Addis ( no aluminum)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Soft & Dri Power Stripe with the scent passion flower. I basically use whatever is on sale or smells good. The power stripe ones do work good though. My boyfriend got a rash from his deoderant so he used mine (It was a pack of 2 so I had a second one to give him) and it went away and he never smelled at all and he has a problem finding a deoderant that works too.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use Secret or Dove. They both work well for me.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the same thing, but in a roll-on -- I love it! I've been using it ever since the days when it came as a little round chunk of crystal and you had to wet it and rub it on. Great stuff!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Lady Mitchum unscented gel. I love it because it's clear, so it doesn't mark up your clothes. I didn't know about the aluminum chloride connection with Alzheimer's, though. I'll have to check the ingredients when I get home.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise