where to buy wallpaper?

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually never bought wallpaper before, so I'm kind of at a loss. I don't need much... but what I'm looking for is a very specific type - sort of a seagrass/grasscloth kind of feel.

I haven't had much luck finding this and I can't seem to find a wallpaper-specific store... so what kind of store would carry this? Another specialty store? Like maybe paint or tile or something?

Thanks!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Many paint stores also carry wallpaper.
Thats where I've seen it around here. Also- a store back home that sells carpeting/flooring also sells wallpaper as well - so maybe you could check out a store like that?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home Depot or any type of store like that. However most paint stores do carry wallpaper which might be a better bet. They sometimes have small rolls or samples that if you don't need a lot might be easier on your budget.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Many paint stores also carry wallpaper.
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats where I've seen it around here. Also- a store back home that sells carpeting/flooring also sells wallpaper as well - so maybe you could check out a store like that?
Excellent! I'll have to check out the local paint stores then.

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We have a 'decorating' place near us that sells paint, wallpaper and lamps and some picture frames, perhaps there is something like that near you.
Is it like a local kind of store or more like an Expo (home depot's decorating store) kind of place? I'm not really sure what to look for

Originally Posted by adymarie

Have you tried home depot, or online?
I tried home depot and lowes, but they only have standard stuff - like florals and things. I'm really looking more for a texture than a pattern. And I've found them online (sort of like this one), but I really wanted to be able to feel and see the wallpaper in person before I bought it. This is going to be a very specific accent piece, so I need it to look and feel a certain way.