Man in wheelchair taken on 50 MPH ride on semi!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading that this morning as well. Can you imagine what the other drivers passing by would be thinking. Apparently the driver of the truck had no idea what had happen and wouldn't even believe the police until he looked himself...Boy that gentlemen had a guardian angel looking out for him.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unbelievable. I would have been terrified if I were the guy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Unbelievable. I would have been terrified if I were the guy!
Me too!! I cannot even imagine that!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOSH! I would have been flipping out. Good thing he hasd his seat belt on! He probably would have fallen out of the wheelchair if he hadnt. WOW!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That is crazy! Imagine sitting in a wheelchair not being able to do anything but go along for the ride and hope nothing bad happens!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This happened near my town. On the local news they had some of the 911 calls recorded. the people were freaking out. I can't imagine how scared he was or to see that. Thank goodness he is OK!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a fantasic commercial for the wheelchair company -- it must be extremely well-made, if it could handle that kind of speed for that long without coming apart!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

This is a fantasic commercial for the wheelchair company -- it must be extremely well-made, if it could handle that kind of speed for that long without coming apart!
Your so right! Those are pretty strong wheels!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, it is horrible and I'm glad to hear that he's overall OK.

I feel bad because I keep cracking up on this line in the article:

“You are not going to believe this: There is a semi truck pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway,” state police said in a release.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That guy was very lucky. I hope someone bought him a new soda pop. According to the article he was more upset about the spilled pop than anything else.

We have a friend who is in a wheelchair just like that one. They are almost bomb proof. The engineering is amazing.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

That guy was very lucky. I hope someone bought him a new soda pop. According to the article he was more upset about the spilled pop than anything else.

We have a friend who is in a wheelchair just like that one. They are almost bomb proof. The engineering is amazing.
If it can hold up on a ride down a highway at 50MPH, it should be able to handle anything!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lunasmom - the line I cracked up over was:
“The man spilled his soda pop, but he wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t upset,†said Sgt. Kathy Morton of the Michigan State Police.
He is very lucky that he was not hurt. How did he end up there in the first place?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh wow! i can't imagine how scarry that must have been for the poor man. i really think he's got a wonderful guardian angel watching over him
glad everything ended up ok and he wasn't hurt!