Swiffer Carpet Flick

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anybody got one of these? I HIGHLY recommend it if you have cat litter on the carpet! I have had mine for quite a while, and LOVE it. I don't have to drag the vacuum cleaner out to get the litter up, and it picks up quite a bit. I honestly don't remember the last time I used my vacuum.

Just wanted to pass along something that makes being a slave to cats a little easier!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

Anybody got one of these? I HIGHLY recommend it if you have cat litter on the carpet! I have had mine for quite a while, and LOVE it. I don't have to drag the vacuum cleaner out to get the litter up, and it picks up quite a bit. I honestly don't remember the last time I used my vacuum.

Just wanted to pass along something that makes being a slave to cats a little easier!
is it easier to use on carpet than say a dust buster for little messes??? i was thinking of getting another dust buster the next time i get paid...but i might have to try one of those carpet flicks if they work well! how expensive are they?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one, and I really like it- but I keep forgetting to buy the little pad things...
It really works well with litter and little messes around the house tho!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It works really well. Mine cost about $13 to buy and its $5.99 for refills (but thats canadian). They are not expensive at all and I really like it.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that I keep by Forest's litterbox to clean up what he kicks out. It works great! Sometimes he kicks out more than that little sticky pad is up to, though.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one, and I hate it.
I have one area rug and hardwood floors for the rest, so I thought I could just use the carpet flick and not have to bother to get a vacuum. Turns out that it doesn't get much cat hair out of my rug, and I spent most of my time on my hands and knees with packing tape trying to pick up as much as I could whenever I was having guests over. Now I've got a vacuum and am much happier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it works on hardwood floors....I doubt it will. Maybe not enough friction. I also don't think I get lots of cat hair up, but the cat litter? It works great for that. I bought a 12-pack of refills, and have been using it occasionally for months. The refills I found for $3 at Home Depot of all places! Usually when I neglect the carpet, I will just get the vacuum out, but this last time I decided to see what all the carpet thing could do. It took one full pad, and part of another, but it looked like I had vacuumed.