Can I have some of those great TCS Vibes??

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, my husband has been out of work for about 4 months. (is that normal?) And we are going to stay here in So. CA (long story... short, my parents offered to help us move to No. Ca, but my husband didn't want to and I wasn't too sure either.) And I love my job in So. CA!! So anyway, we are staying here for now.

My husband is working with 5 staffing agencies and has gone on/applying for many jobs, interviews. But nothing! We just need a break in life.

Please send some job vibes for him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 months IS normal! I was unemployed for 7 months until I found a job, its awful out there!

Best of luck to him, I'm sending all the 'get a job vibes' I possibly can!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you
It just seems like a long time.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

Thank you
It just seems like a long time.
It does seem like a long time, but .... good things come to those who wait!

lady_tiger61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
four months is normal - my hubby (when he was my fiance) was let go from a job and he was unemployed for nearly a year searching for a job. he eventually took a position at a retail store - not what he got a degree from a university for. but he took the job and it worked for him for a time until he got his "dream job."

i wish you all the best of luck. your hubby's dream job is out there. just keep the faith.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sending some good job vibes too! A few years ago my dad was out of work for almost a year. He is a welder, and has been doing it for 35 or so years, so everywhere that he applied said he was "overqualified". Gotta love that!! Crazy! Good luck to him though!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I understand that frustration all too well - four years ago, my husband was out of work for 18 months. He's now looking again as he was just let go. It is stressful because you're worried and you are trying so hard to be supportive.

So I'm sending him get a "great job now" vibes and hugs to you.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the job market is like where you are but in Ontario 4 months isn't that long. I will send him vibes everyday until he gets a great job - good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today he received good & bad news. The bad is one of the agencies called and said he wasn't picked for a position with the same agency. But he is still in the running for another position. The good news is on Tuesday he has an interview for a customer service job
it sounds like a good job, I think, for a starting point. It pays good and just down the street from my work. So I hope that it works out & he likes it.

On a side note, we were at Petsmart & I really wanted to adopt all the cute kitties.
There was one that I really want, but he says no. grrr!! I still think feeding three isn't much more than feeding two, right?
To me, isn't about money so much as helping a homeless kitty.