Having some problems... Ladies only please!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been having a few "problems" the past week or so and I'm hoping someone can give me a little advice. I've always had stomach problems, since I was very little. But the past few days especially, I have been alternating between starving and incredibly nauseous. I never eat much, and have been eating less this week due to the nausea, but when I don't eat I feel as if I am starving. Today for example, I woke up very nauseous... I had a small piece of fish and a little bit of corn (tiny corn cobs) leftover from dinner last night. I felt better immediately. A few hours later I started feeling hungry so I had a bit more corn. I was feeling hungry and John's mom brought home McDonald's, I ate about 1/4 of my hamburger but had just gotten into an argument with John's brother and was feeling a little upset so I ended up giving most of the hamburger to the dog.
In addition to the nausea/hunger, I've been extremely lightheaded. I always get lightheaded like this a few days before "that time of the month", I attribute it to hormones. But I'm about 2 weeks away from that, so that's not what's causing the lightheadedness. I just can't shake either of these. In addition, I'm incredibly tired, I slept until 9:30 a.m. this morning (late for me) and had so much trouble waking up. I took a nap around 1 p.m. and still feel like I need to sleep. I got plenty of sleep last night, so I shouldn't be tired.
My immediate thought is that I could be pregnant. What do you all think? It's certainly not something we're trying for, so I'm a little worried about it. If I was pregnant, I'd only be about 2 weeks along.
About three months ago, I was over a week late, and was experiencing these same symptoms. I then had an unusual "period" that lasted three days and was very heavy and I felt worse than usual. I didn't go to the doctor but I honestly feel I may have been pregnant then and possibly miscarried.

Anyway, if I'm not feeling better soon I will go see the doctor but I'm wondering what you all think.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby's friends wife is going thru this and she is pregnant. I would take a test to rule it out. Some ladies get their period the first few months. Do you have any stabbing pains?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to freak you out or anything but I have had a few periods like that, which could have been miscarriages that I don't know about. I did miscarry a few years ago that I know of, and it was kind of like that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

My hubby's friends wife is going thru this and she is pregnant. I would take a test to rule it out. Some ladies get their period the first few months. Do you have any stabbing pains?
Is it too early to take a test? I'd think that if I am pregnant, it would have happened about 2 weeks ago, I think. But you said some women get their period during the first few months of pregnancy, if that's the case then I could be around 2 months along. And I haven't noticed any stabbing pains.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are over the counter tests out there that can detect pregnancy 3 days after conception.

However if you think maybe two months, I would just check to be on the safe side.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What would the stabbing pains be from? (I'm just curious
)

I don't have any advice, but I hope you feel better

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

What would the stabbing pains be from? (I'm just curious
)

I don't have any advice, but I hope you feel better
Sorry forgot to come back. Fatty Liver would cause stabbing pains on the side. Gall bladder would be in the back under the ribs. Both cause the upset stomach.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my first thought was if you were pregnant or not too. can you take a test?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take the test to rule out pregnancy and then contact your Dr.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry forgot to come back. Fatty Liver would cause stabbing pains on the side. Gall bladder would be in the back under the ribs. Both cause the upset stomach.
Gotcha! Thanks for explaining! I thought it was a pregnancy sign or something! I was a little confused.... as usual!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know! Sounds kinda like classic pregnancy symptoms (usually from about 6 weeks (4 weeks after conception
). If that's not it, you should go see your dr. anyways. If it is, definitely go see your dr.!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

my first thought was if you were pregnant or not too. can you take a test?
I can pick one up at the store in the next few days... I'm terrified to find out, but I guess I have to eventually!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My college roommate continued to get her period after she got pregnant. She went for her annual exam and the doctor said...umm...do you realize you are pregnant? Turns out she was 5 months along! She said she had been really tired and feeling sick for the last few months but just chalked it up to getting a bug she couldn't get rid of. Yeah, a bug she has to support for 18 years! I would definitely take a test and find out. Good luck!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I can pick one up at the store in the next few days... I'm terrified to find out, but I guess I have to eventually!
Good luck! I dind't know they had a test that could find out 3 days after conception! I guess you learn something new everyday!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Get more than one so you have one on hand.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

My college roommate continued to get her period after she got pregnant. She went for her annual exam and the doctor said...umm...do you realize you are pregnant? Turns out she was 5 months along! She said she had been really tired and feeling sick for the last few months but just chalked it up to getting a bug she couldn't get rid of. Yeah, a bug she has to support for 18 years! I would definitely take a test and find out. Good luck!
OH MY GOSH! 5 months along?!
Didn't she get a baby belly??

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She was already a big girl, so she just thought she needed to go on a diet. At 5 months, she hardly noticed a difference. The main problem was, since she didn't realize she was pregant, she was partying like normal so she was really worried but her baby was just fine. She now has 5 kids and is still married to the man she was married to when she got pregnant 14 years ago

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

She was already a big girl, so she just thought she needed to go on a diet. At 5 months, she hardly noticed a difference. The main problem was, since she didn't realize she was pregant, she was partying like normal so she was really worried but her baby was just fine. She now has 5 kids and is still married to the man she was married to when she got pregnant 14 years ago
Awww, thats great!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My oldest son I did not know I was pregnant till I was 4 mths along. I didn't have my period but I never made the connection. Though my mom did when I talked on the phone with her.

i agree with the others take a test and find out. If its neg. and the feelings don't go away or you don't start take another test like a 1 or so later. Also consider a doctor visit soon.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I'll pick up a couple tests the next time we're in town. Part of me would be terrified if I am, but the other part would be relieved that it's not something serious.