Kitty-sitting and need help!

feral65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am kitty-sitting a pure breed "Ragdoll". Does anyone out there have experience with this breed?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a couple of ragdoll breeders on here, you may be better off asking over in the 'breeders corner'

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been familiar with the Ragdoll breed for a little over 8 years. If I can help answer questions, please let me know and I will do my best, you can post back, or PM (private message me) or email me my email address is my [email protected] I think it is listed on this site as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feral65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks and sorry for not responding sooner. i did have a question/problem, but things are going better now. all i can say is this "Ragdoll" breed is really different! i can't even explain it except to say if you can't have a dog, get a Ragdoll cat.. they act just like one! :-)

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by feral65

thanks and sorry for not responding sooner. i did have a question/problem, but things are going better now. all i can say is this "Ragdoll" breed is really different! i can't even explain it except to say if you can't have a dog, get a Ragdoll cat.. they act just like one! :-)
The Ragdoll is known for having "dog" like traits, they can fetch, they love to follow their humans from room to room, and "help" with everything, from showers to putting something together, and if they can't help, they will let you know of their disappointment. They say the Ragdoll breed is not talkative, but in my experience many of them like to talk, maybe not as much as others, but they are not "quiet" when they want something. If you have a door closed, and they are on the other side, they have an uncanny ability to knock and knock and knock until you let them be with you. They seem to get along with most other animals and people. I like people who have little toy dogs, as a Ragdoll typically gets quite a bit bigger than many of the toy breeds of dogs.

I am glad things are going better now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feral65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks family. this cat is a big guy too. with his 3 inch long hair, he looks even bigger. he literally "towers" over my small dog and all of my cats, even though one of my cats is a male that weighs 24 lbs! he's also quite vocal, but it's a very soft voice he has. he's not loud at all, he just "talks" a lot very softly. he's obviously very intelligent and very gentle. also, i couldn't believe it, but there was absolutely no problem when i took him in despite the fact i have multiple cats! not even a hiss from any of them! it was really strange in my experience. anyways, the problem was he had a particularly hard time with just me it seemed. he wouldn't eat or drink for almost four days and none of my usual tricks were working. he just seems "different" than the cats i'm used to and that's initially why i was looking for some help. things are better now, but still i will be happy when his owner comes back in a week. i think this cat is like a dog simply because he is so loyal. :-) he lets me pet him now and he's eating, but i can tell he's very unhappy and just wants to go home.....